May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
No worries.. . If I travelled down for a month after the PPR then I would have more than enough ties in Canada to prove to CIC. (Mortgage, accounts, profession, family, etc). But, quite honestly, its just wishful thinking on our part. I will just have to stay here and stick out the wait just like everybody else waiting to reunite. . . :'( :mad:

Anyhow, God is good & patience is virtue!

Caribana is live right now. . .busy busy with lots of tourists from the US & Caribbean. Guyana Las Lap is on Monday. Last year they had 8000 Guyanese ALONE at the lime. . .Hopefully next summer you will be here with your partner to partake. :)

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Thanks for the good wishing and hopes of next Caribana GTWIFEY.

To be honest with you, I never really enjoyed all that fuss about Caribana. The two consecutive times I had gone with family were the times the event rained out completely. After that, I lost interest in ever wanting to go. Of course, I was still a teenage boy then and was just "whatever" to Caribbean stuff... LOL

The bigger downside after getting back into the fiesta livelihood of Caribbean culture and always wanting to go to Caribana is each year I always had to work on the day of the parade/events. Used to work at the Liquor store in the heart of the DT area and you are a big girl to figure out what happens at a LCBO store in the location where I worked during Caribana. By the time I came off my shift I used to be very drained and only pined for my bed or a nice comfy couch.

I am too not that very into the whole hoopla of joining a crowd, jumping, shouting, screaming and getting on bad ... LOL

Hope you are having some fun though :) 8)

impatient_queen

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
hey guys, thanks for the phone tips ;)

confused, i have skype, and have had it for awhile, we tried working that but the net connectivity where my hubby lives isn't the greatess, and I've tried with phone companies ....that 27.9cents per min aint working for me!!! guess i'll stick with my phone cards :S ....the goodthing about the phonecard is it gives us limitations on talking on the phone (u guys might think i'm nuts) but without limitations we'll be sitting on the phone forever :S ....until i find another less expensive option, i'll stick with the phonecards.

as for my updates, my hubby is finnnnnnally in the system in regards to getting his FBI clearance, they tell me it's gonna be another 2-3 weeks before he gets it, but by talking to others on the forum, i'm thinking i'm gonna get it by the end of this week or early next :) (crossing fingers) oh yah i forgot to mention hubby also got a letter advising he has to submit his clearances within 60 days :( ....mind u, we got the letter with 30 days remaining :(

good luck all, hope u enjoyed the long weekend!!!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
You will be fine Impatient.

I think your hubby is on dial-up internet here in Guyana?

I would suggest he gets the DSL services. It's way much better and like that which we get in Canada. Without the DSL services the connection can be crappy.

Good luck with the remainder of your processing darling and I do hope everything works out for you sooner than later.

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
impatient_queen said:
guess i'll stick with my phone cards :S ....the goodthing about the phonecard is it gives us limitations on talking on the phone (u guys might think i'm nuts) but without limitations we'll be sitting on the phone forever :S ....until i find another less expensive option, i'll stick with the phonecards.
Yes! Good point Impatient! You are definately right about the limitations part. . .

impatient_queen

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
GTWifey said:
Yes! Good point Impatient! You are definately right about the limitations part. . .
.....on another note, phone cards sucks when u run out and u have something important to say or talk about then u have to mission it to the store to buy another :S ...I usually keep a few on hand, but now I'm all out and so is the store :(

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
do you use those ones from CI-CI or Caribbean Queen?

Gawddd, I remembered having to get those for my granny from the 7 Eleven

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
I've been using 20-20 for the longest time. I prefer it than any other cards.

Tear drops

Aug 4, 2010
Hi anyone. I really need your advise on this. on the 31st i married my wife which i have know for 18 months. she is 21 and i am 35. i really love her but have little to go on. since our family didnt want us to be toghther we decided to marry and go to canada. but it seem so hard to get everything to get a pr card.
help! please! she is going back in Sep and i want to go with her. i wanna go with her. so i paid my visa fee for 75.00 and i am to fill out these forms. i am a little confuse as to which form to use and some index1! help again and you guys please give me your honest answer. we now started seeing eachother since we got married. so ther isnt much. just us. would i have problems guys? i really wanna hear from you all.

ps i love your responses to the questions you all share and thank you a million. the gal working in the embassy don't give much info on these topic like you can thank you again. :) I AM VERY NEW TO HOW THIS WORKS TOO. SO PLEASE BEAR WITH ME!

CDNGirl

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2011
Welcome Teardrops,

First and foremost, Are you in Guyana or Trinidad? Is your wife a Canadian? (Citizen or Permanent Residence), was their any other marriage before? do you guys have any kids involved? Please do elaborate.

We can help you, this is the perfect place to be. :)

Tear drops

Aug 4, 2010
guys!

please tell me the forms that must be used to file even for a visit with my Canadian wife say "application for a temporary resident visa made outside of Canada?"
and am i to fill that out on line and then print the typed written word and take it to the embassy?

and application form annex1 of wish there is three of them has to be downloaded and hand written then also summit with the first forms i mentioned firstly?
i cant fine any other that is best suited.

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
I'll have to try that 20-20 card. What are the minutes like? I know it varies according to whether the call is made to a GT landline or cell phone.

Welcome Teardrop! You will have to explain a little bit more about your situation.

Basically, If your wife is a Canadian citizen and meets the requirements to sponsor, then she can sponsor you and bring you to Canada using the Family Class Spousal application. You both will have to provide Immigration Canada with sufficient evidence (photos, correspondence, plane tickets, etc.) to prove that your marriage is genuine & continuing.

Also, if your intent is to stay in Canada with her as a PR, then a Vistor's VISA may not be granted. When applying for a Vistors Visa you have to prove that you have ties to Guyana/Trinidad with all intentions of going back. With a wife in Canada that will be very difficult to prove. Anyways, thats my two sense in a nutshell. . .but you should have her review the CIC website for further information as it relates specifically to your case.

impatient_queen

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
i've never used 20-20, i've used carib queen and caribb combo. my fave card to use is "dial 011" the $2.25 card gives me 14 mins when i call a cell phone :) how much mins does the others give?? m previous ones only gave me 9 mins...for a 2.50 card.

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
Girl, its been so long since ive used a calling card. I remember using jackpot and carib queen a couple of times and then i switched to a 2.50 card which gave me more minutes. I was just fed up of running back and forth to buy calling cards!!!! Eventually I just called the phone company and explained my situation. She reviewed my previous bills and offered some sort of discount which helped out a lot.

Hubby still buys 'credit' or calling cards in Guyana to call me here.