+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Port of Entry

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question about POE - appreciate if anyone can share their 2 cents.

There is no direct flight from my home country to reach either Saskatoon or Regina, I have to land either at Vancouver, Toronto or Calgary to reach final destination.
Do I have to go through the CBSA and Immigration at Vancouver, Toronto or Calgary and one of these airports are considered as Point of Entry for SINP nominee in Canada ?

How much layover time I need to consider at these airports before catching the final flight ?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Unless your PR visa specifically states that you MUST enter at a particular port of entry - as far as i know in other cases you can land at any POE.

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andy108 said:
Unless your PR visa specifically states that you MUST enter at a particular port of entry - as far as i know in other cases you can land at any POE.
Thanks, there is no such instruction. So I need to go through the CBS and Immigration at these airport.
Any idea, how much time I need to consider to pass through the Border Services and Immigration before boarding the final flight ?

xohairtoo

Nov 6, 2013
I'm a provincial Nominee of Nova Scotia, and as per instructions in CoPR my final destination should be Haifax, Nova Scotia.

I'm from Pakistan and there are no direct flights to Halifax. Hence I know that i have to get connecting flight via Montreal/Toronto to Haifax.

Questions are:

1. How much time will the process of landing and immigration take on Montreal/Toronto airport.
2. At least how much time span should be between arrival flight in Montreal/Toronto & departure flight to Halifax?
3. What is maximum time span i can stay at Montreal/Toronto and then go to Halifax (with my tickets confirmed for Halifax)?

Sandra80

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Times are so very different. It depends on how many others do have to go through immigration. Are their Cases quick to handle etc
When we first arrived in canada it was very busy and complex Cases so we waited about 3 hours until it was our turn and it took another 45 minutes to issue work permits for us back then.
I would just really take a lot of extra time to be safe

xohairtoo

Nov 6, 2013
I'm a provincial Nominee of Nova Scotia, and as per instructions in CoPR my final destination should be Haifax, Nova Scotia.

I have now confirmed my flights, but i have one concern with respect to it.

Question is that after reaching Montreal I have a connecting flight with a gap of 23hrs, 45minutes to Hlaifax, Nova Scotia. I have also booked a hotel in Halifax for two days. With all this being confirmed will this be enough for the immigration officer as a proof for showing strong intention of Settlement in Nova Scotia. If not, then what more can i do.

Novamove

Jun 16, 2015
xohairtoo said:

I have now confirmed my flights, but i have one concern with respect to it.

Question is that after reaching Montreal I have a connecting flight with a gap of 23hrs, 45minutes to Hlaifax, Nova Scotia. I have also booked a hotel in Halifax for two days. With all this being confirmed will this be enough for the immigration officer as a proof for showing strong intention of Settlement in Nova Scotia. If not, then what more can i do.
You mean to say staying two days in a hotel in nova scotia should be enough for immigration officer be convinced as you have strange intention of settlement in the province? Would u fly back to Montreal after two days in Halifax?

alxbux

Jan 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yoda24 said:
I have a question about POE - appreciate if anyone can share their 2 cents.

There is no direct flight from my home country to reach either Saskatoon or Regina, I have to land either at Vancouver, Toronto or Calgary to reach final destination.
Do I have to go through the CBSA and Immigration at Vancouver, Toronto or Calgary and one of these airports are considered as Point of Entry for SINP nominee in Canada ?

How much layover time I need to consider at these airports before catching the final flight ?
Hello Yoda24

One of y friend an SINP immigrant landed at Toronto, the CBSA took around 2-3 hours for investigation and to confirm that he will really head to SK. My friendly advise is to take connecting flight for your smooth landing process at SK.