25-07-2011
Passport Req..
26-07-2011
Guys,kindly share your experience at port of entry>

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
JaGuaR.Xi said:
Guys,kindly share your experience at port of entry>
One year ago I landed in Canada as a international student..It was pretty smooth but I do have to tell you that pearson is a pretty hardcore airport lol, it can be hard over there to sometimes find your way, so its better to look at pearson in pictures or try to search for pearson videos..Well I got off the plane went straight ahead to a place where there was a board saying welcome to Canada. After all that you see immigration officers, first you clear one immigration checkpoint where they take your declaration form and stamp it and give you a half piece of it so you can later show it to the customs on your exit from the airport and than you move on to another immigration checkpoint where they issue your study permit.

They ask you questions like, why you came to Canada, How long your willing to stay here, Where you gonna stay in Canada etc. Not a big deal when you have all the correct documents.. After that just get out of the airport after giving your declaration paper to the customs and you are officially in Canada..Another big struggle in life lol.

JaGuaR.Xi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2011
Pakistan
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
20-07-2011
Med's Done....
25-07-2011
Passport Req..
26-07-2011
icecool222 said:
One year ago I landed in Canada as a international student..It was pretty smooth but I do have to tell you that pearson is a pretty hardcore airport lol, it can be hard over there to sometimes find your way, so its better to look at pearson in pictures or try to search for pearson videos..Well I got off the plane went straight ahead to a place where there was a board saying welcome to Canada. After all that you see immigration officers, first you clear one immigration checkpoint where they take your declaration form and stamp it and give you a half piece of it so you can later show it to the customs on your exit from the airport and than you move on to another immigration checkpoint where they issue your study permit.

They ask you questions like, why you came to Canada, How long your willing to stay here, Where you gonna stay in Canada etc. Not a big deal when you have all the correct documents.. After that just get out of the airport after giving your declaration paper to the customs and you are officially in Canada..Another big struggle in life lol.
Ok thank you much much :)

hd93

Jul 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
icecool222 said:

what documents show one carry?

swprox

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
14-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2010
LANDED..........
16-09-2010
Well you need to have your Letter of Acceptance from the university,your valid passport with the VISA and a letter which the embassy gives you,that's it.Don't need to worry much,be confident.They are mostly quite friendly if you have all the documents with you-Good Luck :)

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
hd93 said:
what documents show one carry?
your passport and most importantly the letter from the embassy which you recieve with your visa..They see that letter and than issue your study permit. Also carry the financial proof of your stay in Canada, alotta times they dont ask for financial proof but sometimes they do..Atleast in my friends case they did. You have to carry loan letters and other financial documents. And than comes your offer letter from the college and FEE receipts are really important as well. Also carry your IELTS score card..Pretty much carry everything which you send to embassy because they can ask for anything so its best to be overprepared than less prepared.

wwe

Apr 22, 2011
Visa Office......
VFS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 JUNE
Med's Request
12 JULY
Med's Done....
13 JULY
Interview........
28 AUGUST
VISA ISSUED...
30 AUGUST
LANDED..........
SOON INSHALLAH
Hello All!

I will have TRV for University of Alberta (with which I applied). Now I have University of Toronto Offer and scholarship document. Do the Officer at port will ask me about University of Alberta?

icecool222

Aug 1, 2010
wwe said:
Hello All!

I will have TRV for University of Alberta (with which I applied). Now I have University of Toronto Offer and scholarship document. Do the Officer at port will ask me about University of Alberta?
what are you trying to say?

scaranek

Mar 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys please share your experience...................how strict are they at the airport about showing financial capability evidence?

Will travelling with $10,000 suffice?