+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police verification from Canada required?

M4MBA

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Hi experts,

I recently filed my express entry documents and attached my India Police clearance certificate.

When I checked document checklist then it said I have to submit police clearance certificate for every country other than Canada. So I submitted the certificate from India, because that's the only country other than Canada where I stayed.

Now, some of my friends are saying it was mandatory to submit police clearance certificate for Canada as well. I am totally confused what should I do now as there is no place to upload additional documents in already submitted application.

Can someone throw some light on this? Is the Canada police certificate required upfront, or will CIC ask for it?

Please help urgently coz I want to take remedial steps before my application gets rejected.

Thanks

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
Hi experts,

I recently filed my express entry documents and attached my India Police clearance certificate.

When I checked document checklist then it said I have to submit police clearance certificate for every country other than Canada. So I submitted the certificate from India, because that's the only country other than Canada where I stayed.

Now, some of my friends are saying it was mandatory to submit police clearance certificate for Canada as well. I am totally confused what should I do now as there is no place to upload additional documents in already submitted application.

Can someone throw some light on this? Is the Canada police certificate required upfront, or will CIC ask for it?

Please help urgently coz I want to take remedial steps before my application gets rejected.

Thanks
Hi,

You are right, it's not mandatory.

They will request you to submit Rcmp if they need it.

Some of the applicants don't submit it & never get asked for it but some do.

Same way, I was asked to submit it. It won't lead to rejection

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hi experts,

Thanks

Just like the above comment, RCMP report is not mandatory. I didn't submit one and was never asked to do so. It is at the discretion of the reviewing visa officer. So don't worry.

M4MBA

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Hi,

You are right, it's not mandatory.

They will request you to submit Rcmp if they need it.

Some of the applicants don't submit it & never get asked for it but some do.

Same way, I was asked to submit it. It won't lead to rejection
Awesome, thanks a lot brother :)

M4MBA

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Just like the above comment, RCMP report is not mandatory. I didn't submit one and was never asked to do so. It is at the discretion of the reviewing visa officer. So don't worry.
Great! Thanks for the clarification sir :) I will wait and watch :)