+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Record Checks - New Regulations for EE submitted after Jan 1, 2016

LadyArizona

Feb 4, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding police record checks for EE application.
According to the new regulations from Feb 11, 2016:

Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more.

Previously they required PCCs from countries where a candidate has lived for 6 consecutive months in a year (183 days). I don't know if this is still valid or they require police certificates from all countries where a candidate has lived for a total of 6 months (183 days) from his/her 18th birthday.

If you could share your thoughts that would be great.

sophiaka

Feb 16, 2014
I go to Italy every year since I was a kid, to visit my mother's family, but I only stay 2 or 3 weeks every time, I've never lived for more than 6 months consecutively. I entered all my trips to Italy in my application for spousal sponsorship that I submitted last November.

I got a letter last week. saying that I have to send Police Certificated from Italy. This was not the rule when I applied, and now they want me to submit the police certificates? This is very unfair, are they kidding me?

What can I do? Besides getting the police records

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophiaka said:
I go to Italy every year since I was a kid, to visit my mother's family, but I only stay 2 or 3 weeks every time, I've never lived for more than 6 months consecutively. I entered all my trips to Italy in my application for spousal sponsorship that I submitted last November.

I got a letter last week. saying that I have to send Police Certificated from Italy. This was not the rule when I applied, and now they want me to submit the police certificates? This is very unfair, are they kidding me?

What can I do? Besides getting the police records
Get the police records, obviously.

CIC acknowledge that this wasn't the rule then by asking you to submit them. They have every right to ask for additional documents if they think it's warranted.

Conversely, if this had been the rule back then and you hadn't submitted it, they would have just rejected your application.