+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearness certificate

Muntaha usman

Feb 3, 2018
Hello,
I received an email March 22,
Dear applicant,
Your application has reached the final stage of processing as your application for Canada temporary residence has already approved, required document received and these requirements must be satisfied before an application may be granted temporary residence status.
We are currently condacting certain background investigation.
You are advised to submit updated police clearance certificate and you will get passport request letter in next few days.

So when I will submit police clearance certificate than my passport request will be come, it's mail mean embassy ready for visa

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Hi it’s really strange to me coz the application can’t be approved until the Background checks are completed.
I don’t think so that they give any kind of time frame for PPR.
@Bryanna can u please explain further ?

Hello,
I received an email March 22,
Dear applicant,
Your application has reached the final stage of processing as your application for Canada temporary residence has already approved, required document received and these requirements must be satisfied before an application may be granted temporary residence status.
You are advised to submit updated police clearance certificate and you will get passport request letter in next few days.

So when I will submit police clearance certificate than my passport request will be come, it's mail mean embassy ready for visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear applicant,
This email seems like a fake one to me because there are a number of factual and grammatical errors. Also, TRVs are not approved/ no assurances are ever given by the visa office to approve a TRV before background checks are completed and/or before the passport is submitted.

Did you get this email? Or have you applied through an agent/consultant?

BTW the visa office would have directly contacted the police authorities to check for any police charges/records. You wouldn't be asked to submit a *updated* PCC.

I suggest you email your visa office to ask for the status of your TRV processing

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Exactly I agree with bryanna
coz this is unbelievable no application number no UCI and without BG application already approved.

This email seems like a fake one to me because there are a number of factual and grammatical errors. Also, TRVs are not approved/ no assurances are ever given by the visa office to approve a TRV before background checks are completed and/or before the passport is submitted.

BTW the visa office would have directly contacted the police authorities to check for any police charges/records. You wouldn't be asked to submit a *updated* PCC.

I suggest you email your visa office to ask for the status of your TRV processing

Muntaha usman

Feb 3, 2018

Thanks for reply
We apply through agent and right now we are in dark street .. how can I contact visa office or embassy ...

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Is it possible that the visa office did request for the applicant's PCC, but the agency wrote this request letter to make it sound like the applicant is nearing approval to make it sound like their work was effective?

OTOH, it's also rare to get a PCC request for a TRV application, though I reckon it is feasible.

Thanks for reply
We apply through agent and right now we are in dark street .. how can I contact visa office or embassy ...
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Include your passport number, date of birth, full name, if you do not have your application number.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is it possible that the visa office did request for the applicant's PCC, but the agency wrote this request letter to make it sound like the applicant is nearing approval to make it sound like their work was effective?

OTOH, it's also rare to get a PCC request for a TRV application, though I reckon it is feasible.
That's possible. IRCC could request PCCs for some TRV applications.

That said, the email practically assures a TRV on submission of an 'updated' PCC. Maybe the travel agent has given false assurances to the OP.... maybe to demand additional fees for the "approval". No idea.

If you signed the 'Use of representative' form and appointed your agent as your authorized representative, the visa office will not reply to your CSE/email. The visa office will only communicate with your agent.

Do ask your agent to show you the email s/he has received for the PCC request, especially for approving a TRV without the background checks being completed

Reactions: bellaluna

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
No. If it is not in the document checklist for your nationality then it is not required
It may be requested in some cases I think. Because I applied online for my mother’s visa and the country document list did not have police certificate requirement. But when medical request came it asked for a police certificate as well...

Is that odd??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
It may be requested in some cases I think. Because I applied online for my mother’s visa and the country document list did not have police certificate requirement. But when medical request came it asked for a police certificate as well...

Is that odd??
IRCC can request for PCCs to check the criminal records of TRV applicants of any country. That said, quite rarely is it actually requested for TRV apps