+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearence in ainp

gamma

Jan 12, 2009
Hi all I recently got my ainp aprovel. I sent my PR application to buffalo last week. Now I am bit confused about police certificate. I am temporary forigh worker in alberta. When I came I gave a police clearence from my country. Do I need to submit a nother one or do they have previous one in there system? pls advice.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gamma said:
Please can anybody advice on this! Thanks
You had to include a Police Certificate from the countries you have lived in for 6 months or more, since turning 18 with your application to Buffalo. The certificate couldn't have issued more than 3 months before you submitted the application.

PMM

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
It also depends on the instructions set by CIC for each country. For example if you lived in Mexico you'll need to get instructions from the immigration officer of how to obtain the police certificate...
You might want to take a look at the instructions of how to obtain the police certificate

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

I hope this helps

PMM said:
Hi

gamma said:
You had to include a Police Certificate from the countries you have lived in for 6 months or more, since turning 18 with your application to Buffalo. The certificate couldn't have issued more than 3 months before you submitted the application.

PMM

poppyjml

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
how about if you stayed for more than 6 months in 2 different states in the US. Do you have to give 2 separate state clearances or the fbi clearance alone will do? thanks in advance!

A

Albertagoverner

gamma said:
Hello gamma:

Same case is mine. I also brought the District Plice clearance certificate. As long as you have you can submit it. But you need one from Royal Canada Police for Alberta Residency. Still any doubt call Hotline: 780.427.6419 Though it is CIC level question but Alberta people will answer it well.

Reactions: Jules82

V

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
Only one, FBI (Federal). You don't need to send clearances at the state level.

V

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question regarding police certificate too and decided to add my question here instead of starting a new thread. Sorry OP.

We are trying to get TWO police certificates from my wife's home country (Thailand) and they would not give us two. They would not even tell us how long we need to wait to get the second copy. All they say is they cannot give two copies for one person.

We are going through the immigration process of two countries simultaneously and needed two original police certificates. Please do not ask me why I am doing that unless you can guarantee me Canadian PR, then I will withdraw another application. I am going through the AINP SRS Pilot Program (H1B).

Do you have any idea how I could solve this issue? Thank you for your advice and time.

gamma

Jan 12, 2009
Thanks for all riplyies! so then can I go ahead and get a police clearence from my country ( Sri Lanka) or do I have to wait till they ask me to do so/ send forms to me? Whats is the proceedure to take the Police report and sending finger prints from canada to my country? Once again thanks a lot for all riplyies.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
I called the Indian Embassy in D.C. yesterday and had the pleasure of talking with an extremely rude Mallu lady. Her tone suggested I had committed a big crime just by calling them. I asked her if I can send copies of my passport for the PCC, and she said they needed original passport. I began to tell her NY allows notarized copies, and she interrupted me by saying don't tell me anything about NY - they are different we are different. She cut me again when I started to say I am not comfortable sending my passport for such a long time by saying we cannot help you if you are not comfortable. It has been a long while since I've talked to someone this rude. That is not my complaint, what I am pissed about is that she did not try to help me at all, and that is her job!

Probably just another case of take a Babu out of India....

If anybody had better luck interacting with a different rep please give me their details.

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi

The person I interacted with was very understanding..
Washington DC requires original passport (while Houston, Texas is OK with Notarized copies to start with...)