04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
I received today an email from Vienna VO:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please provide the following information and/or documentation in order to continue processing your application:

Please provide the original police clearance certificate from Hungary. The copy your provided is not sufficient.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, 2001 states that all questions pertaining to an immigration application must be answered truthfully. The applicant must produce all relevant evidence and documents that the examining officer reasonably requires.

The information and/or documentation we have requested must be provided to us within 60 days of the date on this letter. If documents have been requested, please provide originals or certified true copies. All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified English or French translation.

Please note that failure to provide the above requested information and/or documentation will result in the assessment of your case on the basis of the incomplete information on your file. This may lead to the refusal of your application.

Now, I already sent an original police clearance dated March 10, 2011 received by Vienna on May 23, 2011. Could it be that they need a new one? but they should have emailed, valid & not original. what is the 90 days validity of hungarian police clearance is it when they received it or when they start processing it?

please advice. thank you.

Turquoise

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
Make sure to follow the guidelines on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/hungary.asp

And make sure you send the original plus a certified translation into English or French.

The 60 deadline refers to the timeframe you are given to submit the document to the VO. The document should bear a postmark or date no later than the 60 days elapsed from the time you were issued the request.

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
Aneyshar said:
Make sure to follow the guidelines on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/hungary.asp

And make sure you send the original plus a certified translation into English or French.

The 60 deadline refers to the timeframe you are given to submit the document to the VO. The document should bear a postmark or date no later than the 60 days elapsed from the time you were issued the request.
Thank you for your response but I did follow. When my appeal was allowed I automatically sent them medical re-do, new police clearance, add'l documents so not to delay processing & waste time waiting for them to ask. Vienna received it May 23, 2011 the police clearance was still valid that time as it was dated March 10, 2011. it's still 73 days. now, it's still the same. :'( because if we will send a new one, they will probably open our file again after 60 days... :'( :'( :'(

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
well i'm lost. Maybe contacting the VO directly and find out what they need? It'd probably be a good idea to get a new police certificate anyways, just in case that's what they want, for some reason the first one was not adequate, although i fail to see why....

Serdj977

Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sep 2010
Doc's Request.
14 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
10 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
4 Nov 2010
Med's Request
6 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
1 Sep 2010 ; redo 20 Dec 2011
Interview........
20 Sep 2011
Passport Req..
2 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 Mar 2012
LANDED..........
13 Apr 2012
turquoise said:
When my appeal was allowed I automatically sent them medical re-do, new police clearance, add'l documents so not to delay processing & waste time waiting for them to ask.
I think that there is no problem in validity of that certificate. It's probably cause you send it automatically on your own and not when they asked you to provide it . Do contact them just to be sure what they want.

60 days period is just time that is left for you to provide them additional docs they asked. As soon they got add. docs process continues. Don't worry about that.

yokototo

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2010
Doc's Request.
04-02-2010
Med's Done....
03-2010 and redone 06-2011
Passport Req..
15-09-2011
Make sure that you send the correct police certificate from Hungary. I understand that there are 2 different kind. You need to submit the one issued at the Hungarian Embassy if living abroad...

tikestba

Jul 28, 2011
The Hungarian police certificate is valid 90 days and it's starting from the date of issuance. They should have excepted it when they received the file. It's not suppose to be "your" problem that somebody didn't start his job in time and they started the processing later. If you have a copy of it and if you were sending it by registered you have a proof you sent it in time! I'll definitely wanna call and ask them about it. If I were you I would like to get a new one, translate it and sent them UPS, or DHL or some other package delivery company so you will be sure they are getting it absolutely in time. Good luck!

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
Oh my, I tried sending my response to them today with attachment but it seems that I always received delivery failure. I double check ,triple check, hundred check if I make the right email address & still failed. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Aneyshar

Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
GUAT
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-JUL-2011
Med's Done....
22-JUN-2011
turquoise said:
Oh my, I tried sending my response to them today with attachment but it seems that I always received delivery failure. I double check ,triple check, hundred check if I make the right email address & still failed. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Double check, but probably the VO does not accept email communications. Try faxing the info instead or try calling. I believe a phone call would be more successful for this kind of issues. Good luck!

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
Thanks Aneyshar. they always communicate to me via email when they ask for addl documents & when I follow up they answer me back through this email add. re-vienn.immigration @ international.gc.ca. I wonder what's wrong, is it maybe they don't want an attachment perhaps? anyway, my husband decided to go to Budapest on monday, get the police clearance & translated & sent it to them. It's just too bad it cost another money & since from the beginning this immigration thing has cost me a lot of money. probably by the time, my husband arrives here on who knows when we will selling all the belongings just to pay for all this cost.

Serdj977 said:
I think that there is no problem in validity of that certificate. It's probably cause you send it automatically on your own and not when they asked you to provide it . Do contact them just to be sure what they want.

60 days period is just time that is left for you to provide them additional docs they asked. As soon they got add. docs process continues. Don't worry about that.
Isn't better than waiting for them to ask, worst when they ask you one at a time? I do hope Vienna will continue processing it once they receive it coz from what I heard from other applicants, Immigration Officer only open on your Bring Forward Date.

tikestba said:
The Hungarian police certificate is valid 90 days and it's starting from the date of issuance. They should have excepted it when they received the file. It's not suppose to be "your" problem that somebody didn't start his job in time and they started the processing later. If you have a copy of it and if you were sending it by registered you have a proof you sent it in time! I'll definitely wanna call and ask them about it. If I were you I would like to get a new one, translate it and sent them UPS, or DHL or some other package delivery company so you will be sure they are getting it absolutely in time. Good luck!
You're damn right tikestba!

yokototo said:
Make sure that you send the correct police certificate from Hungary. I understand that there are 2 different kind. You need to submit the one issued at the Hungarian Embassy if living abroad...
Thanks, Yokototo!

Serdj977

Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sep 2010
Doc's Request.
14 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
10 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
4 Nov 2010
Med's Request
6 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 Sep 2011
Passport Req..
2 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 Mar 2012
LANDED..........
13 Apr 2012
turquoise said:
they always communicate to me via email when they ask for addl documents & when I follow up they answer me back through this email add. re-vienn.immigration @ international.gc.ca. I wonder what's wrong, is it maybe they don't want an attachment perhaps?
I've been contacted through that email too when they wanted additional docs.
Maybe their server is set not to receive attachments for security reasons (viruses etc.) Probably that's why your emails didn't get through.

turquoise said:
Isn't better than waiting for them to ask, worst when they ask you one at a time?
Reasonable question but thing is those are sensitive documents with expiry dates and that is probably the reason they want them to be as recent as possible.

turquoise said:
I do hope Vienna will continue processing it once they receive it coz from what I heard from other applicants, Immigration Officer only open on your Bring Forward Date.
I assume that process continues as they receive requested documents. They send me request for my military background docs in Dec 2010. Few months later I've ordered my GCMS notes and I've seen that status is updated same day they received add docs.
GCMS notes are new type of notes and there is no bring forward date. There are due dates for every section of application (medical, criminality, security etc.) I think those dates have same function as BFD. For example due date set for your requested docs is 60 days from the date you received email from them. When they got requested docs they update status and put received date in records. I sincerely hope that they don't wait 60 days to start working on file again...

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
Serdj977 said:
I've been contacted through that email too when they wanted additional docs.
Maybe their server is set not to receive attachments for security reasons (viruses etc.) Probably that's why your emails didn't get through.

Reasonable question but thing is those are sensitive documents with expiry dates and that is probably the reason they want them to be as recent as possible.

I assume that process continues as they receive requested documents. They send me request for my military background docs in Dec 2010. Few months later I've ordered my GCMS notes and I've seen that status is updated same day they received add docs.
GCMS notes are new type of notes and there is no bring forward date. There are due dates for every section of application (medical, criminality, security etc.) I think those dates have same function as BFD. For example due date set for your requested docs is 60 days from the date you received email from them. When they got requested docs they update status and put received date in records. I sincerely hope that they don't wait 60 days to start working on file again...
Yes Serdj977, you are absolutely 100% right! I emailed them without attachment & it went through.

Also, you have a point there about those senstive documents with expiry dates. my hubby will go to Budapest to get the PCC ASAP.

I read a post about the Bring Foward Date & you're right again. If Vienna received the requested document earlier, they can continue the processing without waiting for 60 days.

Thank you Serdj977 so much for your help! Thank you!

Serdj977

Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sep 2010
Doc's Request.
14 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
10 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
4 Nov 2010
Med's Request
6 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 Sep 2011
Passport Req..
2 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 Mar 2012
LANDED..........
13 Apr 2012
You're welcome :)

There is option for sending documents to your VO if you need so. Sorry I haven't seen this earlier...
It is on this page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/vienna.asp

Direct link to it
Case Specific Enquiry: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=vienna

You can go there and fill the form about follow-up or any question you might have and there is option to attach file.
It is limited to jpg, pdf, txt and doc files, but I'm sure it will work out fine for you.

turquoise

Star Member
Jun 25, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2011
Doc's Request.
07/2011
File Transfer...
05/2011
Med's Done....
04/2011
Passport Req..
October 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
October 13, 2011
LANDED..........
October 14, 2011
Serdj977 said:
You're welcome :)

There is option for sending documents to your VO if you need so. Sorry I haven't seen this earlier...
It is on this page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/vienna.asp

Direct link to it
Case Specific Enquiry: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=vienna

You can go there and fill the form about follow-up or any question you might have and there is option to attach file.
It is limited to jpg, pdf, txt and doc files, but I'm sure it will work out fine for you.
Thanks Again Serdj977 ;D. My husband got a new police clearance & he sent it yesterday to Vienna. I also sent them the pdf file for it under the website you recommend to me. Thanks a lot!

How about you? any updates on your file?

Serdj977

Mar 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sep 2010
Doc's Request.
14 Dec 2010
AOR Received.
10 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
4 Nov 2010
Med's Request
6 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
20 Sep 2011
Passport Req..
2 Mar 2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 Mar 2012
LANDED..........
13 Apr 2012
No updates...still waiting...

After quarterly update on processing times for visa offices Vienna is back on 9 months...My wife send email to Vienna few days ago for follow-up. Quick reply from VO would be nice but we'll see...