+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance waiting -----ITA received -- Please Help

sammaclovin

Nov 29, 2011
Hi Everybody,
Please advice me. I got ITA but its 5 weeks I m still waiting for Police Clearance from Canada RCMP... I don't know how much more time it will take and ITA will be expired soon .And the reason why its taking time is because I had charges but they were dropped and finger prints are still in the system . and RCMP are saying they don't know much more time they will take . Please Advice or if anybody know much time it takes if someone as finger prints in the system

thanks in advance for the help.. really appreciate

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Have you read the intructions for Police Clearances? Maybe not...

How to get a police certificate - Canada
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No

Name of document(s) to get: Criminal Record Check

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sammaclovin said:
Hi Everybody,
Please advice me. I got ITA but its 5 weeks I m still waiting for Police Clearance from Canada RCMP... I don't know how much more time it will take and ITA will be expired soon .And the reason why its taking time is because I had charges but they were dropped and finger prints are still in the system . and RCMP are saying they don't know much more time they will take . Please Advice or if anybody know much time it takes if someone as finger prints in the system

thanks in advance for the help.. really appreciate
Actually you don't even require a criminal record check, if CIC requires one from you they'll let you know. This is a quote from the CIC website:

'The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed'.

Submit your application as it is and if CIC requires a CRC from you they'll let you know.

cindy2006

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Which country are you living in currently? If in canada, you don't need one. If outside of canada, unfortunately you have to wait.

sammaclovin

Nov 29, 2011
For express entry they do ask for Police Clearance ... here are 2 links which says we do need that
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp