+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance required update

miur

Sep 30, 2018
Hi there, I had been searching and reading a lot about the police clearance debate for the 4th year. I mean question 10 in the Canadian Citizenship Application form.

Just wanted to ask if people who have submitted their applications provided the Police Clearance Certificate or not. It will be great if people can please share their experience. This would help other candidates who are in the process of applying.

Thanks in advance.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
I couldn’t provide my police certificate as there was no way for me to get it from that country and the embassy in Ottawa told me that they can’t do anything. So I wrote an explanation telling them my reason. I haven’t heard back from them in 9 months since the processing started.

Reactions: miur

amberrr

Apr 11, 2018
I did submit my police certificate when I sent my application. Everything went through smoothly. I got my DM and am waiting for my oath invite.

Reactions: miur

miur

Sep 30, 2018
I couldn’t provide my police certificate as there was no way for me to get it from that country and the embassy in Ottawa told me that they can’t do anything. So I wrote an explanation telling them my reason. I haven’t heard back from them in 9 months since the processing started.
Thank you so very much for the information. Hope you get your processing done soon...

miur

Sep 30, 2018
Hi, I had got a PCC done earlier in the year, which I had to submit elsewhere (original submitted) but I have a soft copy of the same. I haven't travelled to my home country since then. Can I submit print of the soft copy and provide an explanation? Or do I still need an original? Anybody through this before?

Thanks in advance

Sarah86

Aug 7, 2018

I have been asked to provide one too , and my embassy required me travelling to Ottawa (which was not going to happen as I live on the other side ) I mailed my local IRCC a letter to explain . they received it on the 10th of Sep . My status was changed to 'decision made " on Oct 1 .
and by calling yesterday , they told me that the requirement has been waived and they will contact me shortly for a ceremony date.

Stay positive !! good luck !!

Aug 15, 2018
INDONESIA
Dear all,

I am a permanent resident of Canada, will be applying for the Citizenship, I need Police Clearance certificate, currently, I have lived in a country for 183 days, before leaving the Country where I am doing job, I will take the Police Clearance Certificate and then leave for Canada. As an example, after taking PCC, if I stay 2/3 weeks more in the Country where I am doing the job and then go for Canada, and then after 3 years when I want to apply for Citizenship, can I use that Police Clearance Certificate with my Citizenship application?