+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance / Increase points

pow_wow

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
i lived in colombo in 1990's, how do i get police clearance from them? am in pakistan now...took a six week french course from NUML..does that give me extra points without having to fo for a french exam?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pow_wow said:
i lived in colombo in 1990's, how do i get police clearance from them? am in pakistan now...took a six week french course from NUML..does that give me extra points without having to fo for a french exam?
1. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/sri-lanka.asp
2. No, you have to write the TEF.

PMM

pow_wow

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Thank you for your reply! guess i have to go to the Sri Lankan ambassy in Karachi. there is another thing i wanna ask. my gf is in canada ..she has a canadian passport. we wanna get married once i get there. do u think applying for a federal skilled worker visa and going there makes more sense or asking her to come here ..marry and then sponsor me? is there a way she could call me there and then we get married there...or the marriage has to happen here in my home country? ...just want more open options .. :p

Tessi

Nov 28, 2008
Hello PPM,

How do I get a copy of the letter requesting that I obtain a Police Record Check (PC-1 letter enclosed). I was adviced to get the police/FBI report now while sending in my application for any criminal record and can withdraw my application if it would negatively impact my processing.
Also, can the police report be sent to a family in the USA or does it have to come directly to my home country? (I currently reside in Nigeria).

Please advice.
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Tessi said:
Hello PPM,

How do I get a copy of the letter requesting that I obtain a Police Record Check (PC-1 letter enclosed). I was adviced to get the police/FBI report now while sending in my application for any criminal record and can withdraw my application if it would negatively impact my processing.
Also, can the police report be sent to a family in the USA or does it have to come directly to my home country? (I currently reside in Nigeria).

Please advice.
Thanks
PC1 is not necessary for FBI Criminal Records Check. Have it sent to your family and then they can courier it to you if it makes you feel safer. You can include the following covering letter.

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/cover_letter.pdf

PMM