+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance in Saudi Arabia

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
Hi,

I received an update from CIC thru my lawyer, actually it is a good news. My interview has been waived and they requested us to undergo medical, provide FBI/Saudi Police Clearance and proof of funds.

My concerned is the Saudi Police clearance. This document is very hard to acquire specially if you don't live physically in Saudi Arabia. I've checked the CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/saudi-arabia.asp), it specifically says that only current residents in Saudi Arabia is required to provide police clearance. I've worked in Saudi Arabia from 1992-1994.

Below is what's written in CIC website:

How to obtain a police certificate Saudi Arabia

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes. However, certificates are available only to current legal residents.

If you need a police certificate, your immigration processing office will give you a request letter. If you have any questions about this, please contact your immigration processing office.

If you applied at the Canadian High Commission in London, email: london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. Please include your immigration file number.

If you applied at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE, fax: (971 2) 694-0396 or
e-mail: abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. Please include your immigration file number.

If you applied at any other office, e-mail: riyadh.visa@international.gc.ca or fax: 966-1-488-9657. Please include the file number, the office where you applied and your mailing address.

A police certificate request letter will be sent to you by mail. You must present this letter, along with valid identification and proof of legal residency in Saudi Arabia to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If they approve you, you must then apply for the police certificate in person at the relevant police headquarters.

I just want to ask if somebody has the same experience and how they were able get a police clearance if possible. I'm in the US right now. Is it possible to question immigration on why they require me to provide Police Clearance from Saudi even though on their website, it's not required.

Appreciate any response.

Thanks,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

todiefor said:
Hi,

I received an update from CIC thru my lawyer, actually it is a good news. My interview has been waived and they requested us to undergo medical, provide FBI/Saudi Police Clearance and proof of funds.

My concerned is the Saudi Police clearance. This document is very hard to acquire specially if you don't live physically in Saudi Arabia. I've checked the CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/saudi-arabia.asp), it specifically says that only current residents in Saudi Arabia is required to provide police clearance. I've worked in Saudi Arabia from 1992-1994.

Below is what's written in CIC website:

How to obtain a police certificate Saudi Arabia

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Yes. However, certificates are available only to current legal residents.

If you need a police certificate, your immigration processing office will give you a request letter. If you have any questions about this, please contact your immigration processing office.

If you applied at the Canadian High Commission in London, email: london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. Please include your immigration file number.

If you applied at the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE, fax: (971 2) 694-0396 or
e-mail: abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. Please include your immigration file number.

If you applied at any other office, e-mail: riyadh.visa@international.gc.ca or fax: 966-1-488-9657. Please include the file number, the office where you applied and your mailing address.

A police certificate request letter will be sent to you by mail. You must present this letter, along with valid identification and proof of legal residency in Saudi Arabia to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. If they approve you, you must then apply for the police certificate in person at the relevant police headquarters.

I just want to ask if somebody has the same experience and how they were able get a police clearance if possible. I'm in the US right now. Is it possible to question immigration on why they require me to provide Police Clearance from Saudi even though on their website, it's not required.

Appreciate any response.

Thanks,
You can't point out the section to the office processing your application, some I/Os or their assistance fail to read the instructions.

PMM

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
Thanks PMM. I've talked to my lawyer and they will ask to waive the requirement for Saudi Police clearance.

apollo

Sep 30, 2008
Hello todiefor,

We have the same dillema, i recieved an mail from them last week just when i was already out of saudi arabia about four months ago. Now i do not know how to proceed since i do not have a lawyer like you as i processed my case directly to London while living in Saudi for the last 9 years.

I transfered work her in Dubai almost the same day i left Saudi Arabia. i don't know if they will consider having the UAE police certificate instead of Saudi Arabia since i am going 4 months into this country only.

have you got positive response from them regarding waiving the said police clearance? if not, what steps should we be doing to get that?

I will be very happy to get your advice. I don't know how i will move on with my case ifthey will insist on getting the saudi ploice clearance.

Thanks and God bless
Apollo

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
Hi Apollo,

My lawyer has asked the CIC to waive the requirement for Saudi Police Clearance. And CIC has approved our request and they no longer needed the Saudi Police clearance. We send our request on 9/12 and I think on 9/22 we received a positive response from CIC.

Maybe, you can write a letter to CIC that you no longer working in Saudi Arabia and have no way to acquire a police clearance. Also, include some documents like your payslip, utility bills or any other documents that will prove that your not a current resident of Saudi Arabia.

It's very clear on the CIC website that Saudi Arabia only provide police clearance to current resident .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

apollo

Sep 30, 2008
To,
Maraming salamat, you saved me sleepless nights, i will do write them a letter and send them documents to prove i am out of KSA.

Good luck to you and your family, hope myself will be there soon too.

As we say in our dialect our thanks "madamo gid salamat uli."

Apollo

theone

Star Member
Nov 1, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july2006
Doc's Request.
october 2010
File Transfer...
may2010
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
hi guys.
i lived in saudi arabia for 1 year in 2003-2004
i applied through damascus office since 2006,
still they didnt contact me, but i didnt send a saudi police certificate as they state in their web site that they dont provide it for non current residents..
i am worried that they will ask about it ??
did anyone apply from damascus office with a similar situation??

thank you

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theone said:
hi guys.
i lived in saudi arabia for 1 year in 2003-2004
i applied through damascus office since 2006,
still they didnt contact me, but i didnt send a saudi police certificate as they state in their web site that they dont provide it for non current residents..
i am worried that they will ask about it ??
did anyone apply from damascus office with a similar situation??

thank you

My visa office is not the same as you, but I am a former resident of Saudi Arabia and just got the saudi police clearance yesterday from the Saudi embassy in Ottawa after 5 months.

Check this link :

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/getting-saudi-police-clearance-for-former-residents-of-saudi-arabiausa-canada-t21183.90.html

theone

Star Member
Nov 1, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july2006
Doc's Request.
october 2010
File Transfer...
may2010
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
thanx for ur quick reply,

but i wonder anyone with the same situation, i mean damascus office??

deanne2010

Mar 4, 2010
Can someone please tell me should i get the request letter from the cic office where I live in i.e. Regina or from cic. buffalo? And how much is the fee for the PCC from riyadh?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deanne2010 said:
Can someone please tell me should i get the request letter from the cic office where I live in i.e. Regina or from cic. buffalo? And how much is the fee for the PCC from riyadh?

It is for free, they do not charge any fees to issue it. However, you will have to get your fingerprint done in any RCMP station or any Local police station in your area a fees might be charged, or in a privet agency (RCMP AGENT 25$).

You will need as well to submit a money order with 20$ made payable to FEDEX company to get your ploce clearance back from the embassy.

For me, i have not submitted any letter from CIC asking for that document. I just printed out the CIO approval letter which contains my File number and it was ok with the saudi embassy.

Hurry up because it takes up to 6 months to receive it from the saudi embassy in Ottawa.

Actually i have just checked the website of the saudi embassy in Ottawa, apparently the have done some changes in the way of getting the saudi police clearance by adding more options, so that you can appoint someone in saudi arabia to get it for you after going through some procedures (and i think this way might be faster than applying to the embassy), or you can apply for it in the saudi embassy in Ottawa:

Check this link : (their website)

http://www.mofa.gov.sa/Detail.asp?InSectionID=2813&InNewsItemID=65066

There is option (A) (obtaining the saudi police clearance on your own)

and option (B) (applying through the saudi embassy in Ottawa)

For me i have done option (B) because the other option was not available when I applied so it took 5 months to get it from the embassy.

b0465682

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/10/2013
AOR Received.
06/11/2013
File Transfer...
08/11/2013
Med's Request
02/08/2014
Med's Done....
02/20/2014
Passport Req..
4/28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
5/05/2014
LANDED..........
1/06/2014
is there anyone else who required PCC from Saudi and got it waived from their respective VO stating that you have to be a resident of Saudi Arabia in order to reveive a PCC. My wife lives in Dubai, we have tried contacting various embassies but no UAE emabassy has replied us with anything.

When contacted, the Canadian emabassy in Abu-Dhabi ask us to refer to the "Saudi Website" which we did and did not get any information from. IT seems like a wild goose chase.

Can anyone shed some light here.

Thanks

Amerson

Jan 9, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Makati City , Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 30, 2013
AOR Received.
November 3, 2013
Med's Request
November 1, 2013
Med's Done....
November 4, 2013
Im having trouble too with the saudi police clearance. Its been a month now and still i cannot find someone to help me in jeddah. Did the canadian embassy here in the philippines actually waived some applicants regarding with the police clearance? I read that if you do not reside in saudi anymore if would be impossible because saudi give its clearance for saudi residence only but why they are still asking for it?!

Amerson

Jan 9, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Makati City , Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 30, 2013
AOR Received.
November 3, 2013
Med's Request
November 1, 2013
Med's Done....
November 4, 2013
b0465682 said:
is there anyone else who required PCC from Saudi and got it waived from their respective VO stating that you have to be a resident of Saudi Arabia in order to reveive a PCC. My wife lives in Dubai, we have tried contacting various embassies but no UAE emabassy has replied us with anything.

When contacted, the Canadian emabassy in Abu-Dhabi ask us to refer to the "Saudi Website" which we did and did not get any information from. IT seems like a wild goose chase.

Can anyone shed some light here.

How are. Are already in canada?
Thanks

neilphysio

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-21-2014 CC charge: 11-07-14
Nomination.....
PER: 11-17-14
Med's Request
April 13, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 10, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 27, 2015- DM
for those who had secured their saudi police clearance, i would like to ask if there is a need for the certificate to be stamped at the ministry of foreign affairs after you get it from the police headquarters? thank you for replying..