Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
cempjwi said:
Police certificates from Venezuela are taking from 5 to 7 days. If you have someone in Venezuela they can get it for you with proper authorization. Otherwise you will need to use a service provider such as the one suggested by SEVEN.
Do we need to speak good Spanish to communicate with these contacts? My husband and I have barely passable Spanish. The good news is that 5 to 7 days sounds very encouraging. Thank you very much. Have you actually used these people or known someone for whom it has worked successfully?

Venecan

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
MONTREAL
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienne - Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2012
Doc's Request.
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
07-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
18-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-23-2013 Redone
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
I hope this year!
LANDED..........
I hope this year!
cempjwi said:
That is correct. When we applied for FAM PR the site said they would get it for us. We got a request on Feb 9th from CIC to get it ourselves (and their website was updated on Feb 11). Actually it might be better that way because who knows how long it would take for CIC to get it with all of their red tape.
OK I'will tell my wife, but the unfair thing is that we sent last year on July the Certificate (just in case) and in September to the embassy the translation, but nothing is happened since that moment they only said that they are making the backgraound verifications!
It's sad! :(

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Darrppy78 said:
Do we need to speak good Spanish to communicate with these contacts? My husband and I have barely passable Spanish. The good news is that 5 to 7 days sounds very encouraging. Thank you very much. Have you actually used these people or known someone for whom it has worked successfully?
It may be possible that they could speak English given the fact that they do it for people abroad; you see, police certificates in Venezuela are only issued to a person for used abroad but for a third party (for the Canadian Embassy - for example). I have not personally used them as I have a friend there that is taking care of the process for me - he as a lawyer and he knows his way around those government depeartments, although you technically do not need a lawyer, you just need someone to go there and do it for you. I know of that website because of a person that used them posted the link when I asked about the police certificates on another thread but I cannot find my post.

You need to create an authorization (in Spanish) for the 3rd party to make a request and provide copies of your passport if you are not a citizen of venezuela. You can find the template on that website (http://antecedentespenales.com.ve/2012/01/antecedentes-no-penales-en-venezuela-apostillados) under this heading:

MODELO DE SOLICITUD DE ANTECEDENTES PENALES EN VENEZUELA

The good thing is that since the certificate is for use abroad I was told that it is already legalized for that purpose so all you have to do is have it translated into English.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Darrppy78 said:
It may be possible that they could speak English given the fact that they do it for people abroad; you see, police certificates in Venezuela are only issued to a person for used abroad but for a third party (for the Canadian Embassy - for example). I have not personally used them as I have a friend there that is taking care of the process for me - he as a lawyer and he knows his way around those government depeartments, although you technically do not need a lawyer, you just need someone to go there and do it for you. I know of that website because of a person that used them posted the link when I asked about the police certificates on another thread but I cannot find my post.

You need to create an authorization (in Spanish) for the 3rd party to make a request and provide copies of your passport if you are not a citizen of venezuela. You can find the template on that website (http://antecedentespenales.com.ve/2012/01/antecedentes-no-penales-en-venezuela-apostillados) under this heading:

MODELO DE SOLICITUD DE ANTECEDENTES PENALES EN VENEZUELA

The good thing is that since the certificate is for use abroad I was told that it is already legalized for that purpose so all you have to do is have it translated into English.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
SEVEN07 said:
Hi my proccess finished 2 month ago...
The police proccess in Caracas changed a lot...now its not so easy as before..
This week I will try to get info about and i will post to everybody knows new proccess..
Take care
Good luck and patiente
Hola Seven, did you have to legalize your police certificate from venezuela before you sent it to CIC or did you just use it as issued (with translation, of course)?

CanadaNow

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
I am guessing most people have their pain points in this process. Turning out ours is dealing with the police clearance from Venezuela.

At the time we applied the instructions indicated that we must obtain and provide a police clearance from every country the applicant lived in for more than 6 months since 18 years old. The exception to this was Venezuela. The official CIC website linked to another site which gave instructions that "if you are not applying in Caracas, Venezuela...The CIC Office processing your application will send your name, date of birth and cedula or passport number to the Immigration section in Caracas, Venezuela and officers there will work with the appropriate authorities on your behalf. Caracas will send the Venezuela Police Certificate to the Immigration office processing your application. IMPORTANT: Applicants should not send their cedula or passport number directly to the Venezuela Police Authorities."

Three months later, we got an email from CIC advising us that the only outstanding item was the Police Clearance from Venezuela. Something felt wrong so I email CIC to ask if "the Police Clearance is outstanding" meant that they were actioning this (as the instructions had said) or that they were expecting us to obtain the Police Clearance? They replied that they "never obtain police clearances" and gave us the original link we had followed with the above instructions. I went to the link and to my surprise the instructions had changed and we were now to follow the same process as we had for our other two clearances (same process now for every police clearance). Would have been nice if either a) they had notified us the process had changed or b) they had honored the old process for applications that had been submitted prior to the change in process.

SIGH....so....

we contacted a representative in Venezuela who began to work on our behalf to obtain the police clearance. After a week or two, the Venezuelan president passed away and as a result the government offices were closed for about 1 week. Then our representative advised us the the Venezuelan Authorities would not provide us with a police clearance because my wife was not a Venezuelan citizen and she did not have a National ID card. we contacted the CIC 800 number in Canada and they advised us to get a let from the Venezuelan Authorities expressing that their policy did not allow them to give us the clearance because of these reasons. Our representative advised us that the authorities would not provide such a letter. My wife spoke with the Venezuelan Ambassador to her country and he was kind enough to provide a letter expressing that she had no criminal allegations against her. My wife delivered this letter to our CIC VO along with one she had written explaining the challenges we had been having with the Venezuelan authorities (she also included a copy of the email correspondance with our representative).

A few more days of government offices closed at Easter time.

DOUBLE SIGH....and.....

Instead of telling us if the Ambassador's letter was acceptable or offering advice on how to handle the challenges we were having getting the Police Clearance, CIC sent us another email indicating that the Police Clearance was outstanding (insert statement of amazement here) and that if they did not receive it within 90 days, they would assume we were not interested in continuing with our application and that they would refuse entry to Canada.

so we have now engaged my federal MP's office, contacted the Venezuelan embassy in Canada, requested our representative try againand are speaking with friends and colleagues who may have contacts in Venezuela who may be able to help.

Please feel free to offer any other suggestions.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
CanadaNow said:
I am guessing most people have their pain points in this process. Turning out ours is dealing with the police clearance from Venezuela.

At the time we applied the instructions indicated that we must obtain and provide a police clearance from every country the applicant lived in for more than 6 months since 18 years old. The exception to this was Venezuela. The official CIC website linked to another site which gave instructions that "if you are not applying in Caracas, Venezuela...The CIC Office processing your application will send your name, date of birth and cedula or passport number to the Immigration section in Caracas, Venezuela and officers there will work with the appropriate authorities on your behalf. Caracas will send the Venezuela Police Certificate to the Immigration office processing your application. IMPORTANT: Applicants should not send their cedula or passport number directly to the Venezuela Police Authorities."

Three months later, we got an email from CIC advising us that the only outstanding item was the Police Clearance from Venezuela. Something felt wrong so I email CIC to ask if "the Police Clearance is outstanding" meant that they were actioning this (as the instructions had said) or that they were expecting us to obtain the Police Clearance? They replied that they "never obtain police clearances" and gave us the original link we had followed with the above instructions. I went to the link and to my surprise the instructions had changed and we were now to follow the same process as we had for our other two clearances (same process now for every police clearance). Would have been nice if either a) they had notified us the process had changed or b) they had honored the old process for applications that had been submitted prior to the change in process.

SIGH....so....

we contacted a representative in Venezuela who began to work on our behalf to obtain the police clearance. After a week or two, the Venezuelan president passed away and as a result the government offices were closed for about 1 week. Then our representative advised us the the Venezuelan Authorities would not provide us with a police clearance because my wife was not a Venezuelan citizen and she did not have a National ID card. we contacted the CIC 800 number in Canada and they advised us to get a let from the Venezuelan Authorities expressing that their policy did not allow them to give us the clearance because of these reasons. Our representative advised us that the authorities would not provide such a letter. My wife spoke with the Venezuelan Ambassador to her country and he was kind enough to provide a letter expressing that she had no criminal allegations against her. My wife delivered this letter to our CIC VO along with one she had written explaining the challenges we had been having with the Venezuelan authorities (she also included a copy of the email correspondance with our representative).

DOUBLE SIGH....and.....

Instead of telling us if the Ambassador's letter was acceptable or offering advice on how to handle the challenges we were having getting the Police Clearance, CIC sent us another email indicating that the Police Clearance was outstanding (insert statement of amazement here) and that if they did not receive it within 90 days, they would assume we were not interested in continuing with our application and that they would refuse entry to Canada.

so we have now engaged my federal MP's office, contacted the Venezuelan embassy in Canada, requested our representative try againand are speaking with friends and colleagues who may have contacts in Venezuela who may be able to help.

I had a friend of mine do this for me in Venezuela (he is a lawyer and knows people that work at the Ministery where the certificate is issued - that is how he found out how to obtain mine). I have a national ID but I am not sure how true it is that they will not do it if you do not have a national ID. On another note, did the person that lived in Venezuela never received a Foreign Natinal ID? Usually foreign nationals are given a national ID that identifies them as foreign nationals (when living in the country legally and while not having obtained citizenship).

I will send my friend a msg to check on whether the certificate can be issued for foreign nationals that do not have a natioanl ID and will let you know once I hear back.

PS: Also, the requirements to request the certificate say that you can obtain a police certificate even if you do not have a national ID as long as you can provide with copies of the passport (and its number) that you used to enter the country and that you had during the time you lived there. You can read part of it (that if you are a foreign national, you need the passport number) here in spanish (Consulate of Venezuela in Montreal):

http://www.consulvenemontreal.org/servicios_consulares/antecedentes_penales

CanadaNow

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Thanks very much for the response and your insight.

My wife was legally in Venezuela (but I understand the question) but no she never did received National ID or Foreign National ID. She lived in one of the Marinas, going back and forth between Trinidad & Tobago and Venezuela. As indicated earlier, two sources (the rep we hired relaying from the Venezuelan Authorities as well as the Venezuelan Ambassador to my wife's country) separately indicated that the clearance could not be obtained without National ID but that does not make it true.

Regarding your post-script, that is one of the many frustrating experiences in this situation. We saw the same indications regarding Foreign Nationals and we did provide copies of the passport and passport entry/exit stamped pages but to no avail. :(

cempjwi said:
I had a friend of mine do this for me in Venezuela (he is a lawyer and knows people that work at the Ministery where the certificate is issued - that is how he found out how to obtain mine). I have a national ID but I am not sure how true it is that they will not do it if you do not have a national ID. On another note, did the person that lived in Venezuela never received a Foreign Natinal ID? Usually foreign nationals are given a national ID that identifies them as foreign nationals (when living in the country legally and while not having obtained citizenship).

I will send my friend a msg to check on whether the certificate can be issued for foreign nationals that do not have a natioanl ID and will let you know once I hear back.

PS: Also, the requirements to request the certificate say that you can obtain a police certificate even if you do not have a national ID as long as you can provide with copies of the passport (and its number) that you used to enter the country and that you had during the time you lived there. You can read part of it (that if you are a foreign national, you need the passport number) here in spanish (Consulate of Venezuela in Montreal):

http://www.consulvenemontreal.org/servicios_consulares/antecedentes_penales

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
CanadaNow said:
Thanks very much for the response and your insight.

My wife was legally in Venezuela (but I understand the question) but no she never did received National ID or Foreign National ID. She lived in one of the Marinas, going back and forth between Trinidad & Tobago and Venezuela. As indicated earlier, two sources (the rep we hired relaying from the Venezuelan Authorities as well as the Venezuelan Ambassador to my wife's country) separately indicated that the clearance could not be obtained without National ID but that does not make it true.

Regarding your post-script, that is one of the many frustrating experiences in this situation. We saw the same indications regarding Foreign Nationals and we did provide copies of the passport and passport entry/exit stamped pages but to no avail. :(
My friend responded asking me questions and he told me he was going to message his friend, who actually works at the ministery that issues the certificates - he will know well what to do.

CanadaNow

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
cempjwi said:
My friend responded asking me questions and he told me he was going to message his friend, who actually works at the ministery that issues the certificates - he will know well what to do.
I wish you could see the visible sigh of relief (even if only because their might be hope rather than confusion).

If you need information from me, please feel free to ask here or (if more appropriate) message me in private.

Thanks

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
CanadaNow said:
I wish you could see the visible sigh of relief (even if only because their might be hope rather than confusion).

If you need information from me, please feel free to ask here or (if more appropriate) message me in private.

Thanks
I will do what I can to help. I hate to see someone stuck due to a half-ass setup process such as the one in Venezuela.

sponsoring

Apr 30, 2011
CanadaNow said:

SIGH....so....

DOUBLE SIGH....and.....

Holy Molly I'm in the same situation!!! I hired tuspapeles.net to get my Police Clearance but it seems it's getting tough. I sent them My "Transeunte ID" with all the infos they asked for but it didn't work, the excuse of the MIJ (Mystery of Justice hahahaha I should say), the answer was NO because my ID was expired :mad: :mad: :mad: This is sick
They asked me to send them copy of my passport and the answer NO because I don't have Venezuelan Passport, I told them how can they be so stupid to say that knowing that "Transeunte ID" is issued just for immigrants who stays for a short time.
The new story is , I have to go to the SAIME to get the data of my ID lollll I told them that I can't travel if it was easy for me I wouldn't even ask for their help to get my Police Clearance.

Hope el pana ( amigo) cempjwi will help us.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
sponsoring said:
Holy Molly I'm in the same situation!!! I hired tuspapeles.net to get my Police Clearance but it seems it's getting tough. I sent them My "Transeunte ID" with all the infos they asked for but it didn't work, the excuse of the MIJ (Mystery of Justice hahahaha I should say), the answer was NO because my ID was expired :mad: :mad: :mad: This is sick
They asked me to send them copy of my passport and the answer NO because I don't have Venezuelan Passport, I told them how can they be so stupid to say that knowing that "Transeunte ID" is issued just for immigrants who stays for a short time.
The new story is , I have to go to the SAIME to get the data of my ID lollll I told them that I can't travel if it was easy for me I wouldn't even ask for their help to get my Police Clearance.

My national ID was expired when my friend requested my PC and I had to submit a copy of my passport along with the copy of my national ID to solve that issue. I had to sign just like my passport because my ID was expired (been expired for 15yrs) and my signature was different as my signature has changed over the years (don't think I was free of issues because I am a national of Venezuela - my friend had to go there 3 times to get it right, those people at the MIJ are USELESS!).

So, I would go back to whoemever said no to you using your passport because it should work. All they need is a copy of the document that has your national ID number (which I am guessing your traunseunte ID has) expired or not and your current unexpired passport (if the national ID is expired), regardless of where the passport is from (make sure you also provide a copy of your visa). The form to authorize the 3rd party to request the PC should be signed just like your passport.

Many SAIME offices will issue the data on your ID but it is not clear whether they will do it while your visa has already expired as they need a copy of your traunseunte ID, your visa and your passport (nothing says it should be current though). Also unclear is whether someone else can get that for you with an authorization. Who suggested for you to go to SAIME? The MIJ? or people at tuspapeles.net?

Truth is that I feel sorry for you guys because on one hand it is said that a person cannot obtain a PC without a national ID and on the other hand another person is told that while a national ID exists they cannot issue it if it is expired whenthe person does not have a Venezuelan passport; makes no sense. Unreal! I will ask my friend about this too, but I will call him this time; I need to get all this sh** straight. I will also go futher by asking my aunt to call the MIJ directly to ask for all this (that may be a challenge in itself because those government places rarely pick up their phones, try calling an embassy and you will see what I am talking about). She is a journalist and I count on her ability to obtain information. I am not religious but I will suggest a prayer or two.

CanadaNow

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Very best wishes to you. I will let you know if I hear/see anything that might be helpful but in the meantime, I am thankful for our new friend, cempjwi!!!

sponsoring said:

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
CanadaNow said:
Very best wishes to you. I will let you know if I hear/see anything that might be helpful but in the meantime, I am thankful for our new friend, cempjwi!!!
Coincidentally I just talked to my friend on the phone and explained the 2 cases to him in detail as much as I could with the info I have. He is in agreement (as he is a lawyer) that the case from 'sponsoring' should be straight forward and the foreign passport should be accepted as long as the applicant has a foreign national ID. He is actually on his way to the ministery right now to find out what's what.

When I say 'foreign national ID' I mean an national ID from Venezuela issued for a foreign national.

Please stand by close to your computers/phones because I may have questions for you if when he gets there he is asked any questions or is in a situation where he needs answers.