App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
22-07-2010 (sent July 29)
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2010 (mailed out on 26-10-2010) recv Oct 28
Hey guys - just to confirm...I've spent 9 yrs in canada and applying outland thru New Delhi office...do i have to submit police clearance from canada (they say all places ive lived for more than 6 mnths)....PLEASE help!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the instructions it says you are not required to submit a certificate from Canada, however, they may request it later. I sent it in with my application just in case as my lawyer recommended, but it is not a strict requirement. It will just save you a lot of time if they later do decide to request it.

jassi

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 may
AOR Received.
18 jun
File Transfer...
18 jun
Passport Req..
20 july
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2010
minku9 said:
Hey guys - just to confirm...I've spent 9 yrs in canada and applying outland thru New Delhi office...do i have to submit police clearance from canada (they say all places ive lived for more than 6 mnths)....PLEASE help!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp
If u are sponsor then answere is no otherwise u have to submit this one

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
im being sponsored....but as i see on the cic site, they say they will let me know if they need it!

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
I agree with Karlshammar. They don't require it initially, but if you don't send one with you application you may risk your application taking longer if they request it later (as they did with my husband). His application has been in Singapore since Feb 2010, and in May they requested fingerprints to be sent to the RCMP who will then forward the results to the CIC. The RCMP are currently taking 120+ days to process fingerprints, so I wouldn't be surprised if my husbands were not processed before October.

Personally, I recommend you send them either with the application, or when you can before they ask, so 4 more months don't stack onto the processing of your application.

Best of luck with everything!

kwabena kwabena

Star Member
May 26, 2010
minku9 said:

From what i read if you have stayed in Canada, then they will run their own checks and you dont need oe, but is up to you if you want to give canada anther $80 or not. I wont if i were you.

minku9

May 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
File Transfer...
24-06-2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Why would they ask you for RCMP/police clearance....cant and wont they do that themselves??? Holy, 4 more months...wont be a happy camper!

kwabena kwabena

Star Member
May 26, 2010
minku9 said:
Why would they ask you for RCMP/police clearance....cant and wont they do that themselves??? Holy, 4 more months...wont be a happy camper!

Once it gets to Background checks they will run your name against their RCMP and other security source, and it will only take them 24 hrs and all results will be out. You dont need a police clearance from Canada, good luck

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is sometimes true and sometimes not. Sometimes they do require an RCMP check. It varies from case to case.

kwabena kwabena said:
Once it gets to Background checks they will run your name against their RCMP and other security source, and it will only take them 24 hrs and all results will be out. You dont need a police clearance from Canada, good luck

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The CIC website says you need police clearances from every country you have been in for more than 6 months, except Canada. The reason being Canada does its own checks.
Quote from the CIC website:
How to obtain a police certificate
Canada

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Only in certain cases. The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian police clearance once your application is being processed.

For most other countries, you must send the police check in with your PR application. For Canada, you don't - wait until they ask for it, because usually they won't ask for one from Canada. If you are very worried that they may ask for one later, you can send it is now, but it is not necessary.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
charloux said:
I agree with Karlshammar. They don't require it initially, but if you don't send one with you application you may risk your application taking longer if they request it later (as they did with my husband). His application has been in Singapore since Feb 2010, and in May they requested fingerprints to be sent to the RCMP who will then forward the results to the CIC. The RCMP are currently taking 120+ days to process fingerprints, so I wouldn't be surprised if my husbands were not processed before October.

Personally, I recommend you send them either with the application, or when you can before they ask, so 4 more months don't stack onto the processing of your application.

Best of luck with everything!
Hi!

I had my fingerprints (RCMP) taken for my police certificates. The lady at the police station advised me to get an extra set of fingerprints as she said CIC always asks for it. Should I send this extra set of fingerprints with my initial application? I haven't been in Canada for more than 6 months but I'll be by the middle of my application.

Thanks for your replies!

I

iarblue

The only time they will request one from the RCMP is if you committed a crime somewhere else,but they have full access to the RCMP at anytime.I wouldnt send anything unless they ask,If they say they dont require in the website then they dont require.

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
Just to let you know! My husband got a request for his passport - to issue the Visa! So, although they did ask for his fingerprints to be sent to the RCMP in May (we sent at the end of the month), they either decided they didn't need the results, or the RCMP was fast - not sure. But either way, I am extremely happy :D

(following up from a previous post)