+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate.

ikkics

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Hello,
My wife and I is planing to do out land sponsorship. We got married January 2016 and she is on visitor status (expiring 2016/Mar/02) and currently living with me here in Canada. I am Canadian citizen and she is Lithuanian. We saw one of the requirements for out land sponsorship is getting a police clearance certificate. and as for the police certificate, how do we obtain such document for her in Canada? (She have applied for a visitors extension for her to try stay longer). We want to get it within Canada for we do not want to forfiet her application for extention. Please help. Also can we apply for outland sponsorship while visitors extention is being processed or should we start it after we have recieved CIC's decision regarding the extention application?

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know there are two options:

1. She can contact the Lithuanian Embassy https://ca.mfa.lt/ca/en/ to see what is the procedure. (Thats what CIC suggests)
2. She can authorize someone back in Lithuania to get it done for her. (Any relatives, family members). This is a rather fast paced process but somebody has to get the work done back home for her.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All applicants (Inland or Outland) need to provide a police clearance from any/all countries where they have lived for 6 months (or longer), except for Canada.
She does NOT need to provide a PCC for Canada.

Follow the instructions here on getting her Lithuanian police clearance:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/lithuania.asp

You can submit the sponsorship application now, while you are waiting for an answer of the visitor extension.

Did you mention that she is applying for sponsorship in the visitor extension application?

Good luck!

ikkics

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Hello,

Would it help to go to those countries embassy/consulate here in Canada that she needs PCC from because I tried emailing them and calling them but none has returned my email and calls? Like for example, she needs a PCC from China, but she is here with me in Canada and we don't know anybody there in China who could possibly help us get her PCC. and going to China is not an option for us since we submitted an application for extension of stay here in Canada, also it is very costly just to go there and get PCC.

Any help/suggestion will be appreciated.

Thank you.