+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate

Comflakes

Nov 1, 2011
Hello,

Please I need information with regards to getting a police clearance certificate. I have been in Canada on a visitor Visa for about a year and now my boyfriend wants to sponsor me on common law grounds since we have been living together and just have a baby.

1. Any Idea on how I can get police certificate from my home country, Nigeria and also from South Africa where I lived for two years? 2. Also do we need to submit my medicals and police clearance when we submit the sponsorship application or do we submit them later on when CIC request for them?

3. I had medicals done six months ago for the renewal of my visitor visa, do I need to go for another medicals to use for my common law sponsorship application

Thanks

Jeannie Grey

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
Med's Request
19-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
Hi,
For question nr 1 on how to get police report when you're abroad. The rules differ between different countries.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

I can imagine it's gonna take a while when you're abroad.. so better get going..

Questions nr 2 and 3 I can't help, sorry..

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
Comflakes said:
2. Also do we need to submit my medicals and police clearance when we submit the sponsorship application or do we submit them later on when CIC request for them?

3. I had medicals done six months ago for the renewal of my visitor visa, do I need to go for another medicals to use for my common law sponsorship application
You submit them all together otherwise your application could be returned as incomplete, also wait until you have the police clearance to do medicals as your medicals only have a shelf life of 12 months but, don't wait to long after because the police clearance are only good for 3 months... sorry I don't know for sure about the medical done 6 months ago but I am guessing you would have to redo them atleast by the time you get your police clearance back...

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Medicals are good for one year...you still have 6 months of validity left. But I imagine by the time you receive all the police certificates, you will have less time left on the medicals, so it would be a good idea to redo the medicals then. Include a copy of the medical fee receipt(the one with the maple leaf stamp) with your application.

Comflakes said:
Hello,

Thanks