+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate - short visits

Jeevan123

Jan 8, 2019
Hi All,
I am currently submitting documents for my ITA. I had stayed in Italy for 7 months in 2008-2009. I had taken several short visits (vacation) to other European countries during that time and each visit is less than 3 days. If I calculate correctly with today's date then all these short visits are exactly 10 year old. The online system is not asking for a police clearance certificate but I want to know if the case evaluation officer may ask PCC for each of those countries with 2- 3 day stays?
It was mentioned in the IRCC site that the officer can ask for PCC from any time in your life since 18 years of age.

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Hi All,
I am currently submitting documents for my ITA. I had stayed in Italy for 7 months in 2008-2009. I had taken several short visits (vacation) to other European countries during that time and each visit is less than 3 days. If I calculate correctly with today's date then all these short visits are exactly 10 year old. The online system is not asking for a police clearance certificate but I want to know if the case evaluation officer may ask PCC for each of those countries with 2- 3 day stays?
It was mentioned in the IRCC site that the officer can ask for PCC from any time in your life since 18 years of age.
Hi

At the time of submitting the application they ask for PCC only for stays of more than 6 months but I know few cases where they have asked for PCC even for a month stay also ( one case I know they asked for non primary applicant stay in netherland for 1 month). So it depends on the case officer and on case to case basis. You will not know upfront.

Right now just submit PCC for Italy stay

aamirbana

May 31, 2017
If someone is staying at same city however at different streets then whether they need to show all the streets d

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
If someone is staying at same city however at different streets then whether they need to show all the streets d
In address history you need to mentioned all addresses you stayed at. Yes you need to mention all street addresses separately

Jeevan123

Jan 8, 2019
Thank you all for your inputs. One more question when it comes to addresses. I stayed in hotels booked by my friends and I am pretty sure that I cannot get those details in my short stays. Any idea how to handle this. Is it fine if I mention it in the LOE about the inability to get those details.

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Thank you all for your inputs. One more question when it comes to addresses. I stayed in hotels booked by my friends and I am pretty sure that I cannot get those details in my short stays. Any idea how to handle this. Is it fine if I mention it in the LOE about the inability to get those details.
For your short, a week to half month leisure or business related trips, you can skip mentioning the hotel addresses and stay related details.

aamirbana

May 31, 2017
In address history you need to mentioned all addresses you stayed at. Yes you need to mention all street addresses separately
What about police clearance certificate?? Do we need to mention each and every address in police certificate or only the la

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
What about police clearance certificate?? Do we need to mention each and every address in police certificate or only the la
No,

At the time of submission of eAPR, you just need to give PCC for any stay for more than 6 months at any place, for short trips of leisure or business trips, you need not to provide any PCC
However the case officer at the time of review of your application can ask for PCC for any short stay also. But they will give you sufficient time at that time to submit the PCC.

Reactions: shaizeik

aamirbana

May 31, 2017
I have received AOR and now I get to know that I need to submit pcc for all my stay greater than 6 months so now how should I inform ircc about this issue and is it possible to submit new pcc??

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I have received AOR and now I get to know that I need to submit pcc for all my stay greater than 6 months so now how should I inform ircc about this issue and is it possible to submit new pcc??
Yes you can submit PCC via raising CSE or thru webform... But it may take time for you to collect PCC if they are from different countries or in few cases cities.

Can u share total how many places you stayed for more than 6 months in last 10 years.

spider28

Apr 29, 2019
Yes you can submit PCC via raising CSE or thru webform... But it may take time for you to collect PCC if they are from different countries or in few cases cities.

Can u share total how many places you stayed for more than 6 months in last 10 years.
Greetings all.

I need your guidance about work experience. I am a graduate from USA but working in a Government financial institution in Pakistan. As per the rules of my organization, the letter for job duties is issued by my departmental head whereas letter for salary details and employment tenure is issued by HR department. Since this is a government institution that I am working for, I cannot do much about changing the rules.

My question is that is it really a rigid rule to have all your job duties and salary etc on one letter from your organization or two letters will work for me ?

I shall be thankful if you assist me.

Best regards,
Spider28

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
Greetings all.

I need your guidance about work experience. I am a graduate from USA but working in a Government financial institution in Pakistan. As per the rules of my organization, the letter for job duties is issued by my departmental head whereas letter for salary details and employment tenure is issued by HR department. Since this is a government institution that I am working for, I cannot do much about changing the rules.

My question is that is it really a rigid rule to have all your job duties and salary etc on one letter from your organization or two letters will work for me ?

I shall be thankful if you assist me.

Best regards,
Spider28
Two letters are fine. Just make sure al the required information are there. Mention number of hours worked per week. Don't just write full time or permanent as it means different for different countries

aamirbana

May 31, 2017

Two letters are fine. Just make sure al the required information are there. Mention number of hours worked per week. Don't just write full time or permanent as it means different for different countries

I am living in one city but in different areas like in last 10years, initially I was living in area a for 3years and then I am living in area b for 7years

hc_mum

Star Member
Oct 1, 2018
I am living in one city but in different areas like in last 10years, initially I was living in area a for 3years and then I am living in area b for 7years
I guess there is some confusion. If you are staying in same city with different addresses then you don't need PCC lane wise. One PCC is enough.

You just have to mention different address in address history section.

Also read the PCC link on CIC website as it is different for each country.

Which country are you from?

aamirbana

May 31, 2017
I guess there is some confusion. If you are staying in same city with different addresses then you don't need PCC lane wise. One PCC is enough.

You just have to mention different address in address history section.

Also read the PCC link on CIC website as it is different for each country.

Which country are you from?
Karachi, Pakistan
My pcc only showing time period of my recent address, is this ok?