+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate - PCC (Urgent Advice Sought..Qorax plz)

ok1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
UDR (with 18 months letter) received on May 7, 2013 / Sent back to LVO on 12/5/13
Med's Request
Waiting..
Hi, need senior`s advice on following scenario:

I have lived in X and Y cities since my 18th Birthday for following periods:

City X from 1998 till 2001
City Y from 2001 till 2006
City X from 2006 till date

Do I need to have PCC separately for each place (city) and tenor of living or just one PCC from either of city`s police head quarter covering full tenor (since 18th b`day till date) will suffice?

LibbyLubby

Star Member
Sep 20, 2009
Leicestershire
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0631/0632
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/09/09
Doc's Request.
06/04/10
AOR Received.
28/04/10
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27/01/10
Hi OK1

You need a single police clearance certificate from the counties you have lived in the cities do not matter so for example in our case we lived in mainland Spain from 2000-2002 and then Tenerife ( Spanish Island off the Coast of Africa, but comes under Spanish Law) from 2006 - 2008 and now again fom 2010 - present - anyway long story short it is one police certificate from the Spanish authority in Madrid that we needed hope that helps as the 2 areas come under the same authority/Country.

Hope that helps.

Liv x

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
Suppose I was (legally) living and working in country X for approximately 2 years.

Country X is one of those countries with an "unstable/questionable" government. Country X is currently in a "transition" phase. Country X does not at this time have the "capacity/credibility" to be producing PCC.

I then permanently return to my home country (because my work contract came to an end).

Then I decide I want to apply for PR (via CSQ).

Cosidering the above, my question is, how do I get a PCC from country X? Am I really expected to travel back to country X just to get a PCC?

What are my options/alternatives for PCC??

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok1 said:

Do I need to have PCC separately for each place (city) and tenor of living or just one PCC from either of city`s police head quarter covering full tenor (since 18th b`day till date) will suffice?
A perfect answer can be given if you mention in which country you were living during the said periods, instead of the "X" cities.

The CIC website gives details how to obtain PCCs for different countries. Please check this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ok1 said:

Replied to your PM...

qorax said:
PCC is "country wise" - Not Linked To City Stays. So, one PCC per country is all u need.

I have deleted your country's name. As all were in the same country - u need just One PCC of that country.

Qorax

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
donutbox said:
Suppose I was (legally) living and working in country X for approximately 2 years.

Country X is one of those countries with an "unstable/questionable" government. Country X is currently in a "transition" phase. Country X does not at this time have the "capacity/credibility" to be producing PCC.

I then permanently return to my home country (because my work contract came to an end).

Then I decide I want to apply for PR (via CSQ).

Cosidering the above, my question is, how do I get a PCC from country X? Am I really expected to travel back to country X just to get a PCC?

What are my options/alternatives for PCC??
Donutbox, as mentioned to you before, no one can really give you a good answer without knowing the specific country. I do not doubt you regarding the difficulties in obtaining the PCC or its worthlessness; I have been struggling with the same issue for 2 countries. Unfortunately, the "official story" invented by diplomats (as fictitious as it may be) is the one that counts. Without being able to look up the "official story" for this particular country, no one can really offer advice.

Assuming you have to go through the capital city on your way out, I would try to get one before you leave the country. Yes, it will have "expired" in CIC's eyes by the time you apply, but it's a start; in the event that you cannot obtain a new "up to date one" and have to submit a written explanation in lieu of a PCC (not to be done lightly), you will at least have that. You will also have made contact with whoever is responsible for producing the PCC, and you can inquire how to obtain a new one in the future.