+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate (PCC) for US

createrk

May 25, 2016
Hi,

I have applied for FSW EE from India and awaiting ITA. I am the primary applicant.

My wife had stayed in US for around 1 year (Not me) before and i believe its enough to get the PCC from US for my wife alone. I got to know that it takes 12-14 weeks to get the PCC from US; so my question is can we got ahead and apply for US PCC now without ITA? How long would the PCC be valid and whether CIC would accept if we get the PCC before ITA?

Please advise.

Thanks

Wasiasmet

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-09-2016
Nomination.....
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Praying
Police certificates are typically valid for one year from the date they are issued. This is what they say on cic website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
It takes a really long time for the fbi to process applications plus almost a week if you are lucky for mailing it unless you will send it to a friend in the states, so if you are almost sure you'll get an ita soon, then go ahead and do it. I applied without the clearance but I wrote an explanation letter with my application and cic gave me 60 more days to get the certificate which was more than enough.
Good luck