+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate has wrong residence date

xyxrtm

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
Hi,

I am in Canada as a student. But I got ITA on my profile which I had created not including this part. I have updated personal history though. I applied for online pcc in delhi and my parents took care of it. I got the pcc and all, but there it mentions that they have verified that I am a resident in Delhi till June 2017. But since May 2017, I have been in Canada. What to do now? Can I use this? Or do I need to apply for another one?
Or is it mandatory that I cannot apply online and I have to go to the Indian embassy itself here in Toronto?

Thanks a lot!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi,

I am in Canada as a student. But I got ITA on my profile which I had created not including this part. I have updated personal history though. I applied for online pcc in delhi and my parents took care of it. I got the pcc and all, but there it mentions that they have verified that I am a resident in Delhi till June 2017. But since May 2017, I have been in Canada. What to do now? Can I use this? Or do I need to apply for another one?
Or is it mandatory that I cannot apply online and I have to go to the Indian embassy itself here in Toronto?

Thanks a lot!
Why not get it from Indian Embassy in Toronto? That PCC will not have any dates mentioned at all.

xyxrtm

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
Because I heard it takes a lot of time. What is the average time taken by Indian consulate to give out pcc? Do you know? I want it form Delhi.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Because I heard it takes a lot of time. What is the average time taken by Indian consulate to give out pcc? Do you know? I want it form Delhi.
In the US, the consulate gives you the PCC the same day if you go in person. If you apply by mail, it takes about a week.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Also, have you lived in any other city besides Delhi? If you have, then you'll need a PCC from the police in that city as well. If you get it from the Embassy, it covers the whole country.