Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Hi everyone,

I am applying under Express Entry and trying to understand the instructions on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/new-zealand.asp and got a bit confused!

I know that I should upload consent to Disclosure of Information (NZ) form but I am not sure if I need to obtain a Police Clearance Certificate or not?

In one hand it says yes to "Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? Yes" but on the other hand it says "The New Zealand Ministry of Justice certificate or similar is not accepted unless you are applying under the International Experience Canada (IEC) program."

Do you think submitting the consent form is sufficient and they will get the PCC themselves or should I obtain the PCC and upload it along with the consent form?

Thank you.
Cheers

anilak24

May 16, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am applying under Express Entry and trying to understand the instructions on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/new-zealand.asp and got a bit confused!

I know that I should upload consent to Disclosure of Information (NZ) form but I am not sure if I need to obtain a Police Clearance Certificate or not?

In one hand it says yes to "Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? Yes" but on the other hand it says "The New Zealand Ministry of Justice certificate or similar is not accepted unless you are applying under the International Experience Canada (IEC) program."

Do you think submitting the consent form is sufficient and they will get the PCC themselves or should I obtain the PCC and upload it along with the consent form?

Thank you.
Cheers
Hi,
I'm also applying from NZ and will be submitting both PCC and consent to Disclosure of Information form.....in case....don't want to take chances

Reactions: L00nie

L00nie

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Kia Ora!

Thanks for the response. Would you please let me know how should I apply for the PCC here?

Cheers

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
You only need to submit the consent to disclosure. Follow CIC instructions.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Only Consent Form and required Documents needs to be submitted. CIC officer will get details directly from the relevant authority. Any PCC or other documents submitted will not be reviewed by CIC officer.

L00nie

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Many thanks for your comments.