+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate from India for Express entry

vk250986

Dec 12, 2018
Hi, I have gone through the information on the CIC website regarding police clearance certificate in India.
I am not clear on one thing and hope someone here can help me with that.
My passport contains my permanent address while I live and work in Bangalore.
The same goes for my spouse.
Should I be getting my PCC done from my hometown(permanent address) or from Bangalore where I currently live and work?
Also if I am to do it in my hometown, do I mention to them that i currently live and work in another city?
I have been reading a bit on this and few suggest the hometown and a few suggest the current city, please help.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi, I have gone through the information on the CIC website regarding police clearance certificate in India.
Should I be getting my PCC done from my hometown(permanent address) or from Bangalore where I currently live and work?
Also if I am to do it in my hometown, do I mention to them that i currently live and work in another city?
I have been reading a bit on this and few suggest the hometown and a few suggest the current city, please help.
Both. Your current country of residence and your home country if you've ever lived there for 6 months

vk250986

Dec 12, 2018
Both. Your current country of residence and your home country if you've ever lived there for 6 months
Thanks tobs, It is the same country, the passport has my permanent address from a different city and I currently live in a different city, but in the same country. Wanted to check on which city I should get my PCC from

Sherlok

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
You can get it issued from a PSK in Bangalore since you're currently living there and verification (if needed) can also be completed.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Thanks tobs, It is the same country, the passport has my permanent address from a different city and I currently live in a different city, but in the same country. Wanted to check on which city I should get my PCC from
Ohh. I don't think it matters which city the PCC is issued. So long as they issue you a PCC in the right format for IRCC.
I'm Nigerian and the address on my passport is totally different from where I live and even completely different from where I had my PCC issued.

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
Hey,
I am in kind of same situation..
Please suggest what to do and what you finally did ?

vk250986

Dec 12, 2018
Well, you can get it from the Passport seva kendra of the city you currently live in. You just need to have valid address proof for your residence in the city. Documents that are accepted as address proof for PCC are listed in the passport seva kendra website. One pcc from your current location should be good enough.

imdsumit

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
India
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-09-2019
Well, you can get it from the Passport seva kendra of the city you currently live in. You just need to have valid address proof for your residence in the city. Documents that are accepted as address proof for PCC are listed in the passport seva kendra website. One pcc from your current location should be good enough.
As of now I don’t have any elligible address proof of current address, I just have Notary rent agreement. So, I was curious if getting it from home town can work.
One more thing, does getting PCC from current location affect my passport? As in required documents they are asking for old passport as well. I didn’t understand what did they actually mean by old! will they be issuing new on current address?