pchandratre

Sep 24, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Hello Everyone,

I've received an ITA on 10th August 2018, I completed my form and document list states that I need to submit police clearance certificate from Germany as well, where I lived for 5 Months and 22 Days.

As per my understanding, the certificate is necessary if the person applying has stayed for 6 months or more. I've collected police clearance certificate from all other countries where I've lived for more than 6 months.

I've requested the certificate as soon as I saw the checklist, but I'm not sure if I'll get the certificate in time. Is there any way to handle this situation, apart from declining invitation?

Best Regards,
Pranav

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
This is the second case I saw where pcc was asked for country of residence regardless of length of stay.
What was your trip to Germany for. Visit or work or study?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I've received an ITA on 10th August 2018, I completed my form and document list states that I need to submit police clearance certificate from Germany as well, where I lived for 5 Months and 22 Days.

As per my understanding, the certificate is necessary if the person applying has stayed for 6 months or more. I've collected police clearance certificate from all other countries where I've lived for more than 6 months.

I've requested the certificate as soon as I saw the checklist, but I'm not sure if I'll get the certificate in time. Is there any way to handle this situation, apart from declining invitation?

Best Regards,
Pranav
When you indicate you have lived somewhere more than 5 months, the system automatically considers it as 6 months and create the placeholder. You will not be penalized if you do not provide the PCC and Case Analyst may or may not request it so it is good practice to provide upfront.

Regarding delays for PCC, You should wait until 59th day to submit the application. If you do not receive it before time then you can upload a letter of explanation in that particular place holder. You should explain that, you have applied for the PCC (include date) but it will take few weeks more to receive and as soon as you receive you will send it via CSE.

Good Luck!

pchandratre

Sep 24, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
This is the second case I saw where pcc was asked for country of residence regardless of length of stay.
What was your trip to Germany for. Visit or work or study?
I was on a job-seeker visa, but failed to get a job so came back to India (home country).

pchandratre

Sep 24, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
When you indicate you have lived somewhere more than 5 months, the system automatically considers it as 6 months and create the placeholder. You will not be penalized if you do not provide the PCC and Case Analyst may or may not request it so it is good practice to provide upfront.

Regarding delays for PCC, You should wait until 59th day to submit the application. If you do not receive it before time then you can upload a letter of explanation in that particular place holder. You should explain that, you have applied for the PCC (include date) but it will take few weeks more to receive and as soon as you receive you will send it via CSE.

Good Luck!
Thank you for the quick reply, I hope I'll receive the certificate before deadline.

pchandratre

Sep 24, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
See what happens if you put that trip in travel history instead of address history. Does it still ask for pcc.
Sorry for late reply, I did not try what you said. But I think removing it from the address history is not an option for me.

pchandratre

Sep 24, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Just to update, I did not receive German PCC yet, and I had to submit my application on 7th Oct 2018, as it was last day for me to submit.
As @ishq74 said, I added a Letter of Explanation and scanned copy of application to request PCC, in place of German PCC. Let's hope for the best, fingers crossed.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Just to update, I did not receive German PCC yet, and I had to submit my application on 7th Oct 2018, as it was last day for me to submit.
As @ishq74 said, I added a Letter of Explanation and scanned copy of application to request PCC, in place of German PCC. Let's hope for the best, fingers crossed.
Yes this is best you can do. Here are the official instructions-

In exceptional circumstances, IRCC may accept both of the following:
  • proof of having requested a police certificate for some countries; and
  • an explanation of best efforts (not a guarantee of acceptance)
    • In this explanation, the applicant should explain the delay in a document and upload the document in the country-specific field. The uploaded document must show that the applicant requested a police certificate as soon as possible after receiving their invitation to apply.
In such exceptional cases, the client will be advised to upload a document into the upload field stating country-specific details that support their explanation of best efforts.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

lekarsanten

Feb 15, 2024
Hello everyone.
I recently applied for AIP (end of January).

I turned 18 in August 2020 and left for Canada in December 2020. I lived in Kazakhstan less than 6 months before I left for Canada, so technically I didn't need to attach anything to my application. However, I still attached a police certificate that you can get through egov.kz and translated it.

The document's name attached matches with the name from Canada's official website. However, I asked Kazakhs who applied for PR in the past if they had to get a police certificate from the embassy. Most of them say yes. Some of them were able to get their Work Permits approved. But in my case, I didn't live in Kazakhstan for over 6 months after turning 18.

Questions:
- Do I have to request an official Police Certificate from the Embassy of Kazakhstan?
- If not, do I have to do anything with my application? I still haven't received my AOR.