+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Clearance Certificate - Delhi Queries

rajshreem

Jun 8, 2015
Hi,

I had a specific query for the PCC:

I've recently shifted to New Delhi from Bombay (less than 8 weeks) and need to get the PCC done. However I am confused about the following:

- Where can I apply for the PCC - Bombay or Delhi?
- For Delhi Police, I went to their website but they require some form of a Permanent Address Proof - which I don't have yet (no lease agreement, water/electricity bill, telephone bill etc.)
- For the PSK in Delhi, they will also ask a similar question - so how do I go about it?
- For Bombay PSK, if I did apply, I wouldn't know how to be physically present there once the police comes to verify!
- If I get it done from my home town, what is the form of PCC required? viz. details that need to go into the PCC - does it have to be on a letterhead or not? who needs to sign for it to be valid? does one issued in Hindi work? (I will obviously get a translation done).

Is there a better way to apply? I do have some local police contacts, but don't know how to proceed!

Really torn. Also, can someone please tell me about the processing times?

PS - My passport has been recently reissued from Bombay.

Thanks,
R

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
Had similar issues with my movement from Delhi to bangalore.

I got a rent agreement made and got it stamped by a notary. Got a gas connection on my name and use these to put in a request for PCC and I am in the process right now. I am hopeful that this will work.