Police Clearance Certificate - Bermuda

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Folks,

I may already know the answer here but just want to confirm that I'm making the right decision. So I received my ITA yesterday and in the document checklist, it says that I need a police certificate from my home country. Ok fair enough, but here's the issue - when I read the instructions from getting a police certificate for Bermuda there are these instructions:

Information and documents you need:

- Legible, notarized copy of government-issued photo identification (e.g. passport, driver's license)
- Letter from the Canadian visa office requesting the police certificate (mailed to you after your Application for Permanent Residence has been received)
- Applicable fees

Special notes and considerations

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?

No. CIC will contact you after you apply for Permanent Residence. CIC will give you specific instructions and the information you need to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.

Note: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

Certificates requested from outside Bermuda will be released directly to the Canadian visa office.

So should I just include a letter referencing these instructions from the CIC website as a reason for not including my police certificate? Just a little confused. Any thoughts?

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
riddymon said:
Thanks for your assistance man. What's an LOE though?
Letter of Explanation.

I second the suggestions to print the page that shows you need the police certificate or any CIC pages showing that the certificate is required.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the tips folks...I'll do that.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So just an update...I happened to go back and look at the police certificate information for Bermuda. Exact same page and for some reason the instructions were different and more clear. It's like they read my mind..LOL. Here's what it says now:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from CIC to get a police certificate.”
CIC will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.
NOTE: CIC will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

What are the odds eh?