+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate and photos

bismitha

Nov 8, 2011
My FSW2 application for 3131 was returned back due to cap reached. So when I apply for the next time, can I use the same police clearance certificates and photos? Because application guideline gives 1 year validity for PCC and I have taken my PCC in oct 2011. Also if I keep the same photos, how will they know when it was taken?
Please suggest.

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
bismitha said:
My FSW2 application for 3131 was returned back due to cap reached. So when I apply for the next time, can I use the same police clearance certificates and photos? Because application guideline gives 1 year validity for PCC and I have taken my PCC in oct 2011. Also if I keep the same photos, how will they know when it was taken?
Please suggest.
PCC not more than 3 months and photo not more than 6 months!!!

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Waiting
bismitha said:
In the checklist it is given that PCC is considered to be valid for one year from the date of issue.
The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

It is valid for 1 year for the VO use.

bismitha

Nov 8, 2011
Hai..I need one more clarification. Is there any problem if there is some gap in the period mentioned in PCC? I got my PCC from my native place.But for the last one year I was working in an another state. So that one year period is excluded from PCC. So should I get two PCC from both the states?

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Waiting
bismitha said:
Hai..I need one more clarification. Is there any problem if there is some gap in the period mentioned in PCC? I got my PCC from my native place.But for the last one year I was working in an another state. So that one year period is excluded from PCC. So should I get two PCC from both the states?
As I shared you the link previously i.e http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp .....it is said:

Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18. If you lived more than or equal to 180 days, you must submit PCC from there. Your Schedule A_Background decla IMM5669E form, and in section 8, hope you showed your personal history as you spent 1 year in another country also.

BTW, if it is in a same country but different state, no need to send another PCC. I guess you say different state means different country.

bismitha

Nov 8, 2011
deba_avik said:
As I shared you the link previously i.e http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp .....it is said:

Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18. If you lived more than or equal to 180 days, you must submit PCC from there. Your Schedule A_Background decla IMM5669E form, and in section 8, hope you showed your personal history as you spent 1 year in another country also

BTW, if it is in a same country but different state, no need to send another PCC. I guess you say different state means different country.
I was in the same country. But different states. But in my PCC it is mentioned that 'for last one year the person was out of the state.So this period is excempted'. They are telling me to collect an another PCC from this sate for the missing period.

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Waiting
bismitha said:
I was in the same country. But different states. But in my PCC it is mentioned that 'for last one year the person was out of the state.So this period is excempted'. They are telling me to collect an another PCC from this sate for the missing period.
Where is this? I got it. Those are governed by separate administration. Then you must send separate PCC.

bismitha

Nov 8, 2011
deba_avik said:
The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

It is valid for 1 year for the VO use.
In the checklist, it is written PCC is valid for one year. Please check the below link.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Waiting
bismitha said:
In the checklist, it is written PCC is valid for one year. Please check the below link.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf
ha ha ha...I know that it is valid for one year. The link I shared also shows its valid for one year. But when you want to send a PCC, it must be issued not more than 3 months before. :) :)

bismitha

Nov 8, 2011
deba_avik said:
ha ha ha...I know that it is valid for one year. The link I shared also shows its valid for one year. But when you want to send a PCC, it must be issued not more than 3 months before. :) :)
hee..I got it..That statement made me confused. Thanks