+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance and medical certificates

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
Hi friends
I became Canadian citizen recently. Recently, on my visit to India, I got married. I will be travelling back to Canada next week, and sponsoring PR application for my wife, who is an Indian citizen.

Two questions:
1) Do I need to submit the medical and police clearance certificates for my wife right away along with the PR application? OR Do I wait for a letter from Canada immigration application processing office down the line, to submit the medical and police clearance certificates for my wife? This is something I am not clear about.

2) Once I get the file number for my spousal PR sponsorship application, then I plan to apply visitor visa for my wife. Do you have any suggestions on how and when can I apply the visitor visa? Can you please share your experiences/thoughts on this?

Thank you.

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
maruti81 said:
Hi friends
I became Canadian citizen recently. Recently, on my visit to India, I got married. I will be travelling back to Canada next week, and sponsoring PR application for my wife, who is an Indian citizen.

Two questions:
1) Do I need to submit the medical and police clearance certificates for my wife right away along with the PR application? OR Do I wait for a letter from Canada immigration application processing office down the line, to submit the medical and police clearance certificates for my wife? This is something I am not clear about.

2) Once I get the file number for my spousal PR sponsorship application, then I plan to apply visitor visa for my wife. Do you have any suggestions on how and when can I apply the visitor visa? Can you please share your experiences/thoughts on this?

Thank you.
1. You may decide to submit both medicals and police clearance with your application- this will make the processing timeline shorter. And also if you wait until its requested, your processing timeline maybe 2 to 3 months longer. SO you can do it whichever way you want, there is nothing wrong with both ways, the only difference is the effect it will have on your processing timeline.

2. Once you get your file number, yes u can apply for visitor's visa. but with many people(most cases not all) in this forum , the visitors visa is usually denied. The reason being that cic may fear she will come on tourist and keep extending( not going back) until processing is finished. This is based on most cases i have read on this forum. You may as well give it a shot. You could b lucky.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
I suggest applying for the visitor visa before the PR application. Getting one as an Indian citizen is even more difficult once the PR application is underway. You could take a look at this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html for some tips.