+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police charged me with ASSAULT.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
So did you physically assault her or not? I cannot believe you are thinking about sponsorship when you have serious charges against you that could lead to your deportation (unless you're a Canadian citizen). Either way you will need to fight these charges first, there is no way IRCC is going to let you sponsor someone when you have been charged with assault.
Who made you the judge? Some people call the police and tell false stories for revenge or other twisted reasons. I married a narcissist woman a few years ago, and everything out of her mouth was manipulation and abusive. The second I started standing up for myself and calling her out on the lies and gas lighting, she started calling the police to try and create a narrative that I was the problem. So she could look like the victim, when in fact she was the abuser. I never once touched or threatened her in anger. She called the police on me 3 times in one month during her disregard of me, They even came to my work one of the times. I'm 48 years old, and I have never had the police called on me ever before. Lucky, the police believed me, and I was never charged. But that was pure luck, as most of the time the police will charge the male based on what the woman says. They usually don't care if it's true or not. So stop judging and demanding answers. You don't know the story.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Can u please update about your case since I m in same boat now please please update hve u received your wife pr???
Include a detailed letter of explanation with your application and include all the details, You don't want to get a miss representation by not being truthful and upfront as that will get you a 5 years sponsorship ban.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Who made you the judge? Some people call the police and tell false stories for revenge or other twisted reasons. I married a narcissist woman a few years ago, and everything out of her mouth was manipulation and abusive. The second I started standing up for myself and calling her out on the lies and gas lighting, she started calling the police to try and create a narrative that I was the problem. So she could look like the victim, when in fact she was the abuser. I never once touched or threatened her in anger. She called the police on me 3 times in one month during her disregard of me, They even came to my work one of the times. I'm 48 years old, and I have never had the police called on me ever before. Lucky, the police believed me, and I was never charged. But that was pure luck, as most of the time the police will charge the male based on what the woman says. They usually don't care if it's true or not. So stop judging and demanding answers. You don't know the story.
Hey man, I been there exactly in your same shoes. This is a common occurrence and I am shocked he was arrested, but I don't know the whole situation. I trust that in Canada they won't be arresting a man just because his partner makes up garbage stories. Police need reasonable grounds to arrest and charge someone - it's a very bad look on the officer and police for someone to charge someone with very weak evidence.

I don't need to know the story - my concern here is the immigration angle and that's it. To sponsor someone while you have charges against you is utter lunacy - it's as simple as that. He will need to quash the charges in order to sponsor. End of story.

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Well, in that case, I suppose you must decide how to proceed.

Above you said:

I would couch that in different language and say that any sponsorship application should be brought after the charges are disposed of - be it through a stay by the Crown, an acquittal at trial, or however. Or, you can take the @Flyingfast's suggestion and apply now, sending along a letter of explanation, explaining, I suppose, that the charges are bogus and will probably never see the inside of a courtroom. I see little prospect of success in that regard, but @Flyingfast fast may well have relevant knowledge and experience which I lack.
So in your experience how long it will take to clear my court case and what would be the outcome I know you could not ans but still....as my sleep less night I can not take this any more??

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
So in your experience how long it will take to clear my court case and what would be the outcome I know you could not ans but still....as my sleep less night I can not take this any more??
The only person who can decide when this trial ends is when the judge hands down the verdict or the trial is quashed due to insufficient evidence.

That means you need to basically put on a very strong defence, so your attention needs to be to furnishing whatever proof/arguments you can to your counsel to get this dropped. You are in NO position to sponsor someone in your situation. Your wife will have to wait overseas or come visit you on a TRV, but IRCC is not going to let you sponsor someone till this is resolved.

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
It has been a long time since I graced the criminal courts in BC with my presence, mostly in Provincial Court at 222 Main St. So, I am not at all up to date on time frames. In recent times, since the 2016 Supreme Court of Canada decision in R. v. Jordan, criminal cases in Provincial Court must be concluded within 18 months of charges being laid. If they are not, there's a presumed breach of s. 11(b) of the Charter of Rights (right to trial within a reasonable time), which usually means a judicial stay of proceedings, if sought. Your lawyer should be able to give you a fair idea of the timeline to expect.
Ok thanks

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
The only person who can decide when this trial ends is when the judge hands down the verdict or the trial is quashed due to insufficient evidence.

That means you need to basically put on a very strong defence, so your attention needs to be to furnishing whatever proof/arguments you can to your counsel to get this dropped. You are in NO position to sponsor someone in your situation. Your wife will have to wait overseas or come visit you on a TRV, but IRCC is not going to let you sponsor someone till this is resolved.
Ok thanks

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
It has been a long time since I graced the criminal courts in BC with my presence, mostly in Provincial Court at 222 Main St. So, I am not at all up to date on time frames. In recent times, since the 2016 Supreme Court of Canada decision in R. v. Jordan, criminal cases in Provincial Court must be concluded within 18 months of charges being laid. If they are not, there's a presumed breach of s. 11(b) of the Charter of Rights (right to trial within a reasonable time), which usually means a judicial stay of proceedings, if sought. Your lawyer should be able to give you a fair idea of the timeline to expect.
I asked because it's been 3 date passed
At first date we asked for disclosure. At second date prosecution asked next date.....
Third nothing happened they are saying they will contact complaint.....now fourth is coming on 17 th April. My lawyer says crown will email what they want to do before 17 th April
?????so what to expect next???

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
I was in my home country for six months I never contacted her in those six months and after I came here I came to know all this shit.....even I don't where she is I just only know that from disclosure that she is not in this province....

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
If you know she is not in BC, that helps. How likely is it she will come back to BC to give evidence at trial? Probably not likely. Without her evidence, the prosecution will founder. I suppose there's a small chance the court will make an order allowing to give her evidence by videolink from a remote location. I am seeing that in some cases. Your lawyer probably will know if there is any chance of that in you case.
She will not come and as far as I know there is not much evidence...in disclosure she mentioned to the police that I was in depression and I had a suicidal thoughts .....
I was in my home country for six months I never contacted her in those six months and after I came here I came to know all this shit.....even I don't where she is I just only know that from disclosure that she is not in this province....
What your point in this sir???