+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police charged me with ASSAULT.

Canucknproud

Jun 2, 2020
Hi Folks,

Police charged me with assaulting a family member (brother and sister) in 2017.

I was not convicted of anything. However, I was handcuffed, fingerprinted, and held for a bail hearing (a matter of a few hours).

It was a completely bogus charge, and the crown totally withdrew all charges unconditionally (not even a peace bond). CPIC destroyed all records, fingerprints, etc.

I did not even have to go back to court or attend any trials.

I am gearing up to sponsor my wife (outland). Am I required to disclose this, and if so where? I have been looking but can't seem to find this question anywhere in the forms?

I want to be honest and fill everything out correctly without hiding anything.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hi Folks,

I was not convicted of anything. However, I was handcuffed, fingerprinted, and held for a bail hearing (a matter of a few hours).

It was a completely bogus charge, and the crown totally withdrew all charges unconditionally (not even a peace bond). CPIC destroyed all records, fingerprints, etc.

I am gearing up to sponsor my wife (outland). Am I required to disclose this, and if so where? I have been looking but can't seem to find this question anywhere in the forms?

Thanks!
Can u please update about your case since I m in same boat now please please update hve u received your wife pr???

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Can u please update about your case since I m in same boat now please please update hve u received your wife pr???
You're in the same boat? What do you mean? Police charged with you with assault and then instantly later withdrew all charges????

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Hi Folks,

Thanks!
Did u able to file sponcership for you wife ?? Did you get approved???

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
A

I currently charged with assault and need to sponcer my wife after charges dropped or withdraw
So you're currently charged with assault? Who did you assault? Your wife? Why are you saying charges are going to be dropped or withdrawn???????? Did you assault this person or not?

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
So you're currently charged with assault? Who did you assault? Your wife? Why are you saying charges are going to be dropped or withdrawn???????? Did you assault this person or not?
Yesmy ex girlfriend I broke up with her and went back to my home country for six months and get married in my home country.,
When came back I got arrested at the airport as she complained about me after week when I went back to my home country...
She complained when I was not here and when I stopped answering her msg and calli was unaware about all this as I was in my home country and I got married

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Yesmy ex girlfriend I broke up with her and went back to my home country for six months and get married in my home country.,
When came back I got arrested at the airport as she complained about me after week when I went back to my home country...
She complained when I was not here and when I stopped answering her msg and calli was unaware about all this as I was in my home country and I got married
So did you physically assault her or not? I cannot believe you are thinking about sponsorship when you have serious charges against you that could lead to your deportation (unless you're a Canadian citizen). Either way you will need to fight these charges first, there is no way IRCC is going to let you sponsor someone when you have been charged with assault.

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
So did you physically assault her or not? I cannot believe you are thinking about sponsorship when you have serious charges against you that could lead to your deportation (unless you're a Canadian citizen). Either way you will need to fight these charges first, there is no way IRCC is going to let you sponsor someone when you have been charged with assault.
No not all

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
When I clear all this shit than after is there is problem???

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
No not all
Okay so you need to get sponsorship off your mind right now. If you really are innocent then the Crown will withdraw its charges or you will be able to prove that they have insufficient evidence. You are in NO position to sponsor someone right now, so you and your wife will need to wait till the court outcome is resolved. IRCC will not let you sponsor anyone with this going on because this creates the suspicion you're a wifebeater, so focus on the court case first.

What proof did your ex-girlfriend possibly have about what you did to her that got you arrested??? Are you currently on bail?

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Okay so you need to get sponsorship off your mind right now. If you really are innocent then the Crown will withdraw its charges or you will be able to prove that they have insufficient evidence. You are in NO position to sponsor someone right now, so you and your wife will need to wait till the court outcome is resolved. IRCC will not let you sponsor anyone with this going on because this creates the suspicion you're a wifebeater, so focus on the court case first.

What proof did your ex-girlfriend possibly have that got you arrested??? Are you currently on bail?
I not worried about outcome of this case I know it will we droped I m just worried about sponcership of my wife .if I cleared this mess then is there any issues with my wifes sponcership??

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I not worried about outcome of this case I know it will we droped I m just worried about sponcership of my wife .if I cleared this mess then is there any issues with my wifes sponcership??
No but you will have to declare it. I am astounded at your level of confidence here - police don't charge you unless they have reasonable proof or suspicion that a crime has been committed, and a crime doesn't have to be physical in order for it to be deemed domestic violence. I wouldn't get so cocky.

Once you overcome it you'll be able to sponsor, but you will have to disclose your arrest and explain that charges were dropped.

Reactions: Ebuka91

harshp

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
No but you will have to declare it. I am astounded at your level of confidence here - police don't charge you unless they have reasonable proof or suspicion that a crime has been committed, and a crime doesn't have to be physical in order for it to be deemed domestic violence. I wouldn't get so cocky.

Once you overcome it you'll be able to sponsor, but you will have to disclose your arrest and explain that charges were dropped.
She complained when I was not here and there no physical body evidence..and she only complained because I broke up with her I was unaware that she did this things if I was aware than why should I get married before clearing this mess

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
She complained when I was not here and there no physical body evidence..and she only complained because I broke up with her I was unaware that she did this things if I was aware than why should I get married before clearing this mess
What province are you in? Which police force arrested you and when is your court date?