25-02-2015
Med's Request
28-10-2105
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
19-01-2016
Hello everyone,

I just received my Police Character Certificate from City Police Office, Rawalpindi. There is some confusion regarding the process and when I visited this website for guidance I came across a few threads about fee submitted for issuance of certificate?? so I think I would share my experience...

I live in Rawalpindi therefore I went to City Police Office which is opposite Jinnah Park (McDonalds, CinePax) also adjacent to District Court. When you enter the reception area (you have to deposit your ID card and mobile over there) ask for Foreigners office. Once there, ask for the character certificate form, fill the form and resubmit with 3 photos, one attested CNIC copy, one attested passport copy and attestation is also required on the form as well from the same person who will attest your other documents. Get them attested from a gazetted officer and submit them. The officer will tell you to come back after 15 days. Wait patiently, visit after 15 days, your certificate will be handed over to you. You will be asked for receipt, just sign the register and you'll be also asked to give your cell phone number. You will be contacted afterwards to inquire if someone asked you for any fee/commission during this process!! This is transparency measure to curb corruption. Because Character Certificate is free of cost. There are no charges.

Thank you.

Reactions: sadia malik

Jasvant

May 2, 2017
Hello
I want to get a police character certificate for my education abroad in Canada. I am a resident of Karachi by birth, but in 2012 I came to Rawalpindi for my bachelor's degree from NUST College of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering. I went to get a character certificate from police station zone that has the jurisdiction of my area in Karachi, they told me that they can only issue me a character certificate for my time in Karachi, and you will have to get a character certificate from Rawalpindi as well for the period of four years present in the city.I had been in Rawalpindi from September 2012 to June 2017 and then I returned back to Karachi. So, kindly tell me the details and process of getting the police certificate.
Thank you. Regards Jasvant Raj