+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificates

KayleighMay7

Feb 6, 2020
Hi All :)

Am I interpreting the below correctly?

Police certificates
You (the principal applicant), and any family members 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police certificates from the following country or countries with your application:

• The country where you (or they) currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more.
    and
  • The country where you (or they) have spent most of your (their) life since the age of 18.

I am from the UK and have currently been living back in London for almost 3 years so I will need a certificate from the UK, which I have.

Since the age of 18 I have lived 3 years 8 months in Australia, 1 year in New Zealand and 2 years in Canada. Overall I have lived most of my life ( 6 years, 6 months) since the age of 18 in the UK. So I do not need to gather police certificates from Australia, NZ or Canada? Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Kayleigh

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hi All :)

Am I interpreting the below correctly?

Police certificates
You (the principal applicant), and any family members 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police certificates from the following country or countries with your application:

• The country where you (or they) currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more.
    and
  • The country where you (or they) have spent most of your (their) life since the age of 18.

I am from the UK and have currently been living back in London for almost 3 years so I will need a certificate from the UK, which I have.

Since the age of 18 I have lived 3 years 8 months in Australia, 1 year in New Zealand and 2 years in Canada. Overall I have lived most of my life ( 6 years, 6 months) since the age of 18 in the UK. So I do not need to gather police certificates from Australia, NZ or Canada? Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Kayleigh
yes

Reactions: KayleighMay7

G&G

Feb 19, 2020
Just so you know it is possible they request those police checks after you submit your application!

DavidK_NZ

Aug 26, 2018
The NZ full criminal record check takes at least 30 days. It might be best to request it now in case you are required to submit it.

I submitted a NZ and UK certificate as part of my application, I’d spent 8 years in the UK and 13 years in NZ after turning 18.