+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

police certificates mexico- very confused...

Bluesky2010

Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2010
my Mexican boyfriend is living in canada. We are applying inland. The info on how to apply for police certificates for Mexico when you're not living in the country is conflicting on the immigration canada site. I believe we need to obtain an informe de datos registrales. The instruction on how to obtain these says to send my application to the canadian embassy in mexico. i am supposed to write our file number and name of the visa office with our application for the informe de datos registrales. But we don't have a file number since we haven't submitted yet. Then the application checklist says we need to include the certificates in the initial application so... i'm not too sure what we're supposed to do.

Is there anyone from Mexico who has applied who could tell me if i need to send the police certificates with the original application or wait until it's requested?

Can we file without having them and include a letter with our application saying that they will be sent in as soon as we receive them?

Thanks for you help!

dan2010

Jul 29, 2010
When CIC receives applications they check for its completeness. If there are missing documents they will write back the applicant to supply the additional documents as they also do for police clearance certificates from other countries. Using this request letter for a police certificate from CIC would make it easier to avail of the said police cert. since the country of which it is being requested would know it is badly needed by the requester. Goodluck.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Hi!!

You need to send STATE police certificates with your innitial application. Send your application with your police certificates from the States where your boyfriend lived for more than 6 months, after his 18th birthday.

You don;t need to send any Informe de Datos Registrales (Federal police certificate from PGR) with your innitial application. I looked into this and it is much better to wait for them to request documents and the embassy will process it for you in Mexico. Seems like some federal police certificates are not accepted if you don't follow this guideline.

So just worry about the STATE ones for now. You have to send in the original and a certified translation.

Hope this helps!

Bluesky2010

Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2010
thanks bonbon!

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
bonbon9 said:
You don;t need to send any Informe de Datos Registrales (Federal police certificate from PGR) with your innitial application. I looked into this and it is much better to wait for them to request documents and the embassy will process it for you in Mexico. Seems like some federal police certificates are not accepted if you don't follow this guideline.
Hello bonbon9, I got the letter from CIC-V requesting the Federal Police Certificate (I already submitted the State one); by any chance do you know how long it takes for the Embassy of Canada in Mex to process this request and send the results back to Vegreville?

I'd appreciate if you or anyone can let me know how long it takes :)

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
sgnv said:
Hello bonbon9, I got the letter from CIC-V requesting the Federal Police Certificate (I already submitted the State one); by any chance do you know how long it takes for the Embassy of Canada in Mex to process this request and send the results back to Vegreville?

I'd appreciate if you or anyone can let me know how long it takes :)
Hello, sgnv!

I don't really know how long the embassy takes, but I know that the certificate takes around 10 days to be processed at PGR. :(

R

robrod

I received by letter the same request from Vegreville here on my inland application. From my timeline on e-cas, I would estimate it took about 3 months from the day I sent the fingerprints to Vegreville to the day I saw an e-cas update about my process. So, I would say it takes 2 months for the document to make it from Vegreville to Mexico and back.
Hope this helps, good luck!.

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
thanks bonbon9 & Robrod :)

there it goes, another 3-4 months 'til something may happen to our file.

carlyee

Oct 18, 2010
My husband and I had his family request the certificate for us from within Mexico. So easily done as long as you have the proper ID. We took the chance of sending off his ID through UPS, straight to their door with pictures that were needed and they shipped it back via UPS with no problems. It is a little bit risky as there is a chance that the documents may be lost but it saved so much time. Just remember to get it translated into english after you receive it as I believe that it is said that anything not in english or french has to be translated.

Meli

Mar 30, 2011
Hi.
Im new here. But Im going through the same.
I have all my application ready, and my medicals are going to be donde in 2 weeks.
I called CIC and they are all confused about the Police Certificates.
Just want to make sure I understand from you, because you seem to have done it already.
With my initial application I just have to send the State Certificate and I have to wait for the to send me the request for the PGR Informe de datos Registrales?
How is your application going?
Thanks!

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Meli said:
Hi.
Im new here. But Im going through the same.
I have all my application ready, and my medicals are going to be donde in 2 weeks.
I called CIC and they are all confused about the Police Certificates.
Just want to make sure I understand from you, because you seem to have done it already.
With my initial application I just have to send the State Certificate and I have to wait for the to send me the request for the PGR Informe de datos Registrales?
How is your application going?
Thanks!
Yes, send in the State certificates with a translation with your initial application.
Are you applying Outland? Chances are, you'll be requested to get "Carta de Antecedentes Registrales" instead. But that will be once they open your file in Mexico VO. Don't worry about it for now.

Meli

Mar 30, 2011
Im applying Inland. Im living in Ottawa and my application is sent to Vegreville.
Do I have to translate my Birth Certificate too??

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Meli said:
Im applying Inland. Im living in Ottawa and my application is sent to Vegreville.
Do I have to translate my Birth Certificate too??
Yes.

tita

Jun 8, 2010
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 july 2010
Med's Done....
july 2010
hi, i did apply inland too and im from mexico. the cic website says is not necessary to send any police certificate until they ask for it. si i didn sent any neither state and federal. check their website .
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

hope this helps! this is because the expiration date of the polices certificates even from the state are so short that if you send one now you will have to send a new one after when theyll do your criminal checks.

i didn had anyproblem with documents. have a good day :)