App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
I am reading about police certificates in the the CIC websites and I'm getting some info that is contradicting itself.

On one page it says,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
On another page it says,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Document requirements
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.

My FBI cert was issued on JAN 25th and I left the US on March 7th. Based on the first page, the Police certificate I have should be good since it is under 6 months and I received it just before leaving. However based on the second page I'm required to get a new police cert since I no longer live in the US.

I have applied to for a second FBI Police certificate and I expect to receive it later this month but my lawyer applied with the police certificate I currently have and did not mention anything about the new certificate I applied for in my application.

Anyone have any thoughts on this??

4RyL

Jun 6, 2017
I am reading about police certificates in the the CIC websites and I'm getting some info that is contradicting itself.

On one page it says,

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.
On another page it says,

Document requirements
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.

My FBI cert was issued on JAN 25th and I left the US on March 7th. Based on the first page, the Police certificate I have should be good since it is under 6 months and I received it just before leaving. However based on the second page I'm required to get a new police cert since I no longer live in the US.

I have applied to for a second FBI Police certificate and I expect to receive it later this month but my lawyer applied with the police certificate I currently have and did not mention anything about the new certificate I applied for in my application.

You will need to get a new one because you no longer resides there.... i think it is clear. i read it over and over and i think you fall in the second category. The key is which will be your residence at the time of applying.. What wil you write on the application form for country of residence? Let that be a glue

4RyL

Jun 6, 2017
You require a new one.

Your lawyer is useless.

On one page it says,

On another page it says,

Document requirements

Also include a LOE and attached the necessary documents if you are running out of time

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
I've raised a CSE and provided proof of request for a new FBI Cert. I just hope they receive this CSE and add it to my file in time. Thank you for your thoughts guys!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

On one page it says,

THIS IS THE CORRECT VERSION - it was part of the JUNE 2017 updates. It is not considered a "change" but a "clarification," so it's hard to find information about it. As long as it is less than 6 months old at the time you apply, you can still use it.

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
Hey Jes!!

Thank you for the reassurance.

I just saw the time stamps on the links and it seems they are the other way around. I am also looking at the program updates that were released on the 6th of June and it doesn't have " are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving ".

Could you provide me some links to where you received your information from?

Either way, I have a raised a CSE just in case. I just hope my file gets processed efficiently. :)

Afaque Khan

May 20, 2017

On one page it says,

On another page it says,

Document requirements

Hi, I agree your lawyer is useless...hahahahhaha
You need a new police certificate, reason:
Your Current Resident Country: Police Certificate must be issued within 6 Months
Your Previous Stayed Countries (Any country where you stayed over 6 Months): Police Certificate has no expiry date but must be issued after your last visit.

SaintNishant

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Passport Req..
06-11-2017

On one page it says,

On another page it says,

Document requirements

What if you were involved in a crime between 25th Jan and 7th March :) Up to 25th Jan, your current PCC verifies that you were clean. How can CIC verify what you did after 25th Jan. So, if you have left a country, you should get PCC till the last date you were there. For, current country, it should be as latest as possible (or not older than 6 months).

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
What if you were involved in a crime between 25th Jan and 7th March :) Up to 25th Jan, your current PCC verifies that you were clean. How can CIC verify what you did after 25th Jan. So, if you have left a country, you should get PCC till the last date you were there. For, current country, it should be as latest as possible (or not older than 6 months).
What happens if one still resides in that country? How does CIC verify what happens in the 6 months after receiving a background check :).

This line was taken directly from the CIC website about Police certificates. The line I marked in red was there for a specific reason, but no further explanation that I could find anywhere else. I will be calling the CIC hotline to double check and figure out things.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I have already applied for a new FBI PCC and I should get it in 2 weeks or so :D. Lets see how it goes.

Reactions: Afaque Khan

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What happens if one still resides in that country? How does CIC verify what happens in the 6 months after receiving a background check :).

This line was taken directly from the CIC website about Police certificates. The line I marked in red was there for a specific reason, but no further explanation that I could find anywhere else. I will be calling the CIC hotline to double check and figure out things.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I have already applied for a new FBI PCC and I should get it in 2 weeks or so :D. Lets see how it goes.

@arrayofhope You are right:

IRCC in its website states as follows:

If you were in a country which is not your country of resident, then you should get a PCC after your last time lived there. So in your case, you will need a PCC issued after you left USA, which should be less than 6 months old when you file your application.

PCC is not the only document IRCC relies on. What happens between the date when PCC was issued and the application was filed is not a criteria. For that IRCC will conduct further checks and as an applicant it is your responsibility to update your file if there are any changes.

Further, even after the file is processed and a PR visa issued, when an applicant lands, the Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR), a document issued after the PR application is approved specifically has a questions which asks,
"Have you ever been charged or convicted of a crime or offence; refused admission to Canada or required to leave Canada?"

lossless image hosting

The CBSA officer will ask this question before allowing a new PR applicant enter Canada. If the applicant provides wrong information his PR status can be revoked .

I hope this makes things clear.

Last edited:

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
@legalfalcon are you from the Philippines or the image above is just a sample?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon are you from the Philippines or the image above is just a sample?
I am not from the philippines. The above image is just for the purpose of an example. It was available on the internet.

Reactions: iamxty

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-15-2017
@arrayofhope You are right:

IRCC in its website states as follows:

If you were in a country which is not your country of resident, then you should get a PCC after your last time lived there. So in your case, you will need a PCC issued after you left USA, which should be less than 6 months old when you file your application.

PCC is not the only document IRCC relies on. What happens between the date when PCC was issued and the application was filed is not a criteria. For that IRCC will conduct further checks and as an applicant it is your responsibility to update your file if there are any changes.

Further, even after the file is processed and a PR visa issued, when an applicant lands, the Confirmation of Permanent Resident (COPR), a document issued after the PR application is approved specifically has a questions which asks,
"Have you ever been charged or convicted of a crime or offence; refused admission to Canada or required to leave Canada?"

lossless image hosting

The CBSA officer will ask this question before allowing a new PR applicant enter Canada. If the applicant provides wrong information his PR status can be revoked .

I hope this makes things clear.
Thanks Legalfalcon,

But i'm still a little confused. USA was my country of residence for the past 4.5 years. I was there as a student since 2012 and left this year March after completing studies. Does this mean my US PCC is valid since it was issued in Jan and under 6 months??

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks Legalfalcon,

But i'm still a little confused. USA was my country of residence for the past 4.5 years. I was there as a student since 2012 and left this year March after completing studies. Does this mean my US PCC is valid since it was issued in Jan and under 6 months??
When you file your application, at that point where you live is your country of residence. So the day you file your application and you are living in USA, it will be your country of residence.