+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate

adee1

Feb 27, 2012
Hi All

I have been in UK for about one and half year.But now I want to apply for Canadian study visa from UK.I have got Police character certificate from Pakistan last year when I came here in UK.This certificate was valid for 4 months from the date of issue.But I never gone back to Pakistan during my stay in UK.Is that possible to use that police character certificate in Canadian embassy?or otherwise I have to apply for a new one?

Thanks!

happy213

Oct 12, 2011
HI,
You have to get the police clearence certificate from UK and that will be enough. Can you share your profile, what have you done in UK and in which course you are applying in Canada.

Sheryar

Mar 5, 2012
Visa Office......
CHC ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-june-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19- june-2012
Med's Request
13-july-2012
Med's Done....
19-July-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the Grace of Allah (24/8/2012)
LANDED..........
6 september 2012
adee1 said:
Hi All

I have been in UK for about one and half year.But now I want to apply for Canadian study visa from UK.I have got Police character certificate from Pakistan last year when I came here in UK.This certificate was valid for 4 months from the date of issue.But I never gone back to Pakistan during my stay in UK.Is that possible to use that police character certificate in Canadian embassy?or otherwise I have to apply for a new one?

Thanks!
u have to get new one,its not that much difficult(just use some sweets);D,just ask any of ur relative to take it for u and courier u.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
You need to take police clearance certificate from every city and town where you lived for consecutive 6 or more than 6 months.

So you need to get a police clearance from UK as well as from Pakistan.

As your Police clearance from Pakistan has expired so you will have to take it again as it does not matter that you lived here after the previous clearance or not. The point is that the previous clearance that you got is also expired so that means that you don't even have a valid previous clearance. In short, you need to do it again. It is usually valid for 3 months from the date of issue. One gets clearance in 4 days.

You need the copy of your CNIC and passport for this clearance.

adee1

Feb 27, 2012
Previously I have got one in 4-5 days but this time my brother getting it on my behalf.He says its really tough to get it for the second time.As they will do some kind of 'investigation' from central police if you are getting it for the second time.He said it will go through some process from Artillary Medan police station in Karachi.Don't know why is it so?Last time my brother simply got it from Town police in 4-5 days this time too much hassle :(

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
adee1 said:
Previously I have got one in 4-5 days but this time my brother getting it on my behalf.He says its really tough to get it for the second time.As they will do some kind of 'investigation' from central police if you are getting it for the second time.He said it will go through some process from Artillary Medan police station in Karachi.Don't know why is it so?Last time my brother simply got it from Town police in 4-5 days this time too much hassle :(
If you have the old one with you, simply email your brother the scanned copy of it. He should show the Police station that as it is written here that it gets expire after 4 months. That is why he is making a new one for you.

adee1

Feb 27, 2012
happy213 said:
HI,
You have to get the police clearence certificate from UK and that will be enough. Can you share your profile, what have you done in UK and in which course you are applying in Canada.
Hi

Yes I have got police clearance certificate from UK already.I have done a very stupid diploma in UK Pgd.I have applied in University of Regina and get accepted in research based MASc in process Engineering program as my previous qualification was Masters in Applied chemistry.What about you?you are also applying from UK?

Ahmedraza

May 29, 2012
I think when we are applying from LONDON we really don't need it Police certificate until and unless we have any record or if visa officer request one than we have to provide them police certificate it is clearly mentioned on check list according to which we prepare our case....
That's what I did..

Check list on website of high commission of London clearly mentioning that we should not present police certificate if have no criminal conviction...it's in the bottom section of If applicable.

adee1

Feb 27, 2012
Ahmedraza said:
I think when we are applying from LONDON we really don't need it Police certificate until and unless we have any record or if visa officer request one than we have to provide them police certificate it is clearly mentioned on check list according to which we prepare our case....
That's what I did..

Check list on website of high commission of London clearly mentioning that we should not present police certificate if have no criminal conviction...it's in the bottom section of If applicable.
Just for the safe side I have got police certificate here in UK.I know that they don't require any until and unless requested.

Ahmedraza

May 29, 2012
Ok that's fine.....I did the same incase if they ask I'll give them.i have them with me but I haven't submit it...I have police certificate from pakistan and ireland....

adee1

Feb 27, 2012
Ahmedraza said:
Ok that's fine.....I did the same incase if they ask I'll give them.i have them with me but I haven't submit it...I have police certificate from pakistan and ireland....
I also want to get it just in case they demand it.Could you please share your full profile.

Ahmedraza

May 29, 2012
I did higher certificate in business from ireland which is 2 year prorgram and I m waiting for second year results..I got 65% which is B in 1st year...I secured A one grade in Matric and in intermediate as well in pakistan...my travel history is full of visits in last 2 years.

I showed liquid funds in around 200,000 CAD...what else u want to know....

happy213

Oct 12, 2011
adee1 said:
Hi

Yes I have got police clearance certificate from UK already.I have done a very stupid diploma in UK Pgd.I have applied in University of Regina and get accepted in research based MASc in process Engineering program as my previous qualification was Masters in Applied chemistry.What about you?you are also applying from UK?
I applied for Canada before and got rejected because i didnt show enough ties from home country Pakistan. But my friend who applied with me got the visa and he was from pakistan as well and he only shown Irish police clearene. He shown some parental property and funds from Pakistan. Yes I am applying from London office but I live in Ireland.

noshi11

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
02-02-2013
File Transfer...
02-14-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
Hi guys, my husband is currently living in lonodn but he needs a PAKISTANI police certificate .. we are getting a run around of the whole situation .. his bro tried to get one on his belaf but they said the request needs to be made through the Pakistani embassy in lonodn... when he went there they told him it will take 3 months! We need it asap as we have been married for 2 months already and can't waste another 3 months :'(

Could someone please direct us?