+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate Tricky Situation, need advice

Foxdie

Aug 30, 2017
Hello Fellows,

I got ITA in August and I applied for Police Certificate for both myself and my wife. I submitted my documents in November and got a notification that I have to supply my remaining US police Certificate by jan 22.

Good news is that i just called FBi and they confirmed I will get my PC today or tomorrow.
Bad news is that my wife's fingerprints were not good and we have to do her check once again from start.

Considering my last date of submitting documents is Jan 22, I dont think we will be able to get police certificate by that time. I will appreciate if you can advise in this case if someone has faced or heard of similar case -

1) WIll it be possible for me to get an extension to submit documents by providing the proof that the fingerprints of wife didnt work?

2) Will it be possible to just process my immigration and not my wife's? What I mean is that if everything from my side is fine, is it possible for me just to get approved and my wife would apply at later stage?

3) Let's suppose neither of above work and we are rejected immigration, how long is the FBI police certificate valid and do we have to do the Medical again if we submit fresh application?

This is a tricky situation and I will appreciate any guidance so that we can make best of the situation.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Yes.
2 - No.
3 - PCC is valid for 6 months assuming US is your current country of residence. Medicals are valid for a year.