+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate steps and timing - Mexico

Feb 23, 2017
I received ITA on February 22nd.

My document checklist is requesting a police certificate and I am having trouble understanding the order of steps I should follow:

I am from Mexico but currently live in the united States; the CIC website states that in order to obtain a police certificate if you live outside of Mexico I should apply first for permanent residency, send some papers to the Canadian embassy afterwards and they will request the police certificate for me.
However, at the bottom of the same webpage it says that if you are applying for Express Entry "you need to upload a police certificate in your Electronic Application for Permanent Residence (e-APR)."

How can I complete my e-APR if I don't have the police certificate but, at the same time, submit my application in order to get it?
When will the Canadian government sent me the letter so I can request the police certificate?

Thank you in advance for your help.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are supposed to upload a letter stating that you require an official request from CIC to get a police certificate AFTER submitting your application.