+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate required again ?

indoire

Aug 25, 2016
Hello Friends,
When I came to Canada on Working Holiday visa, I had submitted Police Certificate from 2 countries, I had lived in, before applying for Canada.

Now I am in Canada more than a year and applying for PR while living and working in Canada. Do I need Police Certificate from those countries again where I lived before coming to Canada ?

Thank you all !!

vnp3005

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Hello Friends,
When I came to Canada on Working Holiday visa, I had submitted Police Certificate from 2 countries, I had lived in, before applying for Canada.

Now I am in Canada more than a year and applying for PR while living and working in Canada. Do I need Police Certificate from those countries again where I lived before coming to Canada ?

Thank you all !!
Yes you need both PCC again coz it’s valid for only 6 month so if you did it before 6 month than now you need it again for your PR application

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
The above response is not accurate.
If the PCC was issued after the last date you lived in a country, it doesn't expire after 6 months and you can use it as long as you didn't go back to that country even if it is more than 6 months old.
If the PCC was issued when you were living in a country or you visited that country after the PCC issue date, it expires after 6 months of the issue date and you have to submit a new PCC.
Good Luck!.

Last edited:
Reactions: tushya and indoire

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello Friends,

If you still have the hard copy or saved scans of those PCCs, and you have not re-entered those 2 countries at any time since then, then you can re-use the PCCs. But you will still have to submit them with your application.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
If you still have the hard copy or saved scans of those PCCs, and you have not re-entered those 2 countries at any time since then, then you can re-use the PCCs. But you will still have to submit them with your application.
That is not very accurate. In addition to "you have not re-entered those 2 countries at any time since then", the PCCs themselves need to be issued after the last date he/she lived in the country. Good Luck!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
That is not very accurate. In addition to "you have not re-entered those 2 countries at any time since then", the PCCs themselves need to be issued after the last date he/she lived in the country. Good Luck!
My bad. True that indoire could have been, and probably was, living in one of those countries at the time the PCC was obtained.