+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

police certificate problems, solutions, status and how it affects my case

edacaret

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hi, my name is Estuardo Dacaret and I'm from Guatemala. Me and my wife (3 kids) are doing the outland family spousal sponsorship since she is Canadian citizen. We first sent the document requirements on march 8 2,016 including medical exams. On November I again was requested to do the medicals which I did (dr even told me some number in the document they sent me meant I pretty much will get my permanent residency) and then later that month I got requested my police certificates from SPAIN and USA, since I studied there in both countries more than 12 years ago.
I started processing both police certificates but I'm having trouble, first the USA one I sent documents in November and on January I found out fingerprints weren't legible so at the end of that month I had to resend it again hoping this time it is legible. I called recently and they told me fingerprints were rejected again so on March 2nd I sent another police certificate request. With the Spain police certificates I sent my documents in November and they told me on December 14 they sent me by mail the results. The problem is I haven't gotten them (mailing service in Guatemala stopped closed for a period of about 4 months from November through early February I believe) and it will probably take another 4 months for me to receive it. Hopefully one way or another Ill find a way to get both certificates but I was given a deadline of march 17 2,017 for them (Canada) to have my results. I'm really worried and I'm afraid I could have problems due to the police certificate situation I have.

Is this really a bad situation, I mean will they probably deny my pr application because of this? I tried requesting them a time extension but they emailed me back telling me to do it closer to the deadline,so I emailed them again on march 6th closer to the deadline requesting them again for a time extension but I haven't received any response. In this email I even included proof I sent police certificate requests to both Spain and FBI on specific dates and I even included proof of fbi rejecting my second request.
What other solutions or alternatives could I have in this situation? any recommendations or actions I should take? Should I just wait and see if and what they respond?

thank you very much, please anyone help

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yo os recomendaria por vuestra seguridad no poner vuestro nombre real en un foro publico.
Como se español? pues vale, soy Ruso pero mi esposa es Mexicana.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
edacaret said:
Hi, my name is Estuardo Dacaret and I'm from Guatemala. Me and my wife (3 kids) are doing the outland family spousal sponsorship since she is Canadian citizen. We first sent the document requirements on march 8 2,016 including medical exams. On November I again was requested to do the medicals which I did (dr even told me some number in the document they sent me meant I pretty much will get my permanent residency) and then later that month I got requested my police certificates from SPAIN and USA, since I studied there in both countries more than 12 years ago.
I started processing both police certificates but I'm having trouble, first the USA one I sent documents in November and on January I found out fingerprints weren't legible so at the end of that month I had to resend it again hoping this time it is legible. I called recently and they told me fingerprints were rejected again so on March 2nd I sent another police certificate request. With the Spain police certificates I sent my documents in November and they told me on December 14 they sent me by mail the results. The problem is I haven't gotten them (mailing service in Guatemala stopped closed for a period of about 4 months from November through early February I believe) and it will probably take another 4 months for me to receive it. Hopefully one way or another Ill find a way to get both certificates but I was given a deadline of march 17 2,017 for them (Canada) to have my results. I'm really worried and I'm afraid I could have problems due to the police certificate situation I have.

Is this really a bad situation, I mean will they probably deny my pr application because of this? I tried requesting them a time extension but they emailed me back telling me to do it closer to the deadline,so I emailed them again on march 6th closer to the deadline requesting them again for a time extension but I haven't received any response. In this email I even included proof I sent police certificate requests to both Spain and FBI on specific dates and I even included proof of fbi rejecting my second request.
What other solutions or alternatives could I have in this situation? any recommendations or actions I should take? Should I just wait and see if and what they respond?

thank you very much, please anyone help
If you supply proof to them that you have applied for them, then they will give you time to receive them. Make sure you make them aware of the problems, and provide receipts for payments, etc. It will delay your case. Something you can try is using an address in Canada? Maybe your wife still has family here that could receive the Spanish certificate? For the FBI, I am not sure what to suggest regarding the fingerprint issue.

edacaret

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Thank you for your response, I sent them the fedex air international guide or tracking number evidence to the address I sent my packages, meaning Spain and USA. Now that you mention it I'm gonna also send them invoice of various payments

With regard to fingerprints USA I found a person which supposedly specializes in fingerprints to help me out and I put in my application a friends address who lives in USA. For my Spain application which I'll send again next week I'll include the address of a friend of mine who lives in Madrid.
Hopefully they respond to my time extension and this time both work out fine

Thank you for the response and advice

Alila

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
I had a problem with my police too. they send me a request for my Police four days before my AIP and they only gave me ONE MONTH to get it. It took me four months to get my police (only in scanned copy, unfortunately) from my embassy. I call them and the agent said not to worry about the date and that CIC weren't really serious about the deadline. But they wanted us to keep updating our situation via IRCC webform. and I did, giving them all the correspondence I had with my embassy. I just sent them one last week

IuliaMB

Mar 13, 2017
We had problems with the police certificate as well. It took 6 months for them to send it the first time aaaand...we never got it. Lost in the mail. So we reapplied, and this time they sent it in 3 months or so.

Keep CIC notified of the situation at all times. We contacted them as soon as RCMP Canada told us how long it was gonna take for us to get the report, and forwarded CIC emails we wrote to inquire of the process of the police reports. We sent an email every month advising them that we were still waiting and to ask them to please bear with us.

They did not deny our application, they waited for the report and we got PPR this month. Don't be discouraged, they will wait as long as you let them know what is going on.