+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate, please help

physicsece

Nov 15, 2007
Hello,

The application procedure for Canada Immigration says that

"You and your family members must provide us with a police certificate issued by the authorities of each country in which you have lived for six (6) months or more since reaching the age of 18."

I am an Indian citizen and I have been in USA for 7 years. I can get a police certificate from USA. Do I need to get police certificates from India also, Do I need to contact the Indian Embassy in USA for this purpose.

Could anyone please make this clear......

Thanks a lot

Physicsece

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

physicsece said:
Hello,

"You and your family members must provide us with a police certificate issued by the authorities of each country in which you have lived for six (6) months or more since reaching the age of 18."

I am an Indian citizen and I have been in USA for 7 years. I can get a police certificate from USA. Do I need to get police certificates from India also, Do I need to contact the Indian Embassy in USA for this purpose.

Thanks a lot

Physicsece
Assuming you left India after the age of 18, then you need a PCC from India. Contact your local Indian consulate for instructions.

PMM

gurdeep

Star Member
Sep 25, 2007
Hi

physicsece said:
Hello,

Thanks a lot

Physicsece
As per PMM if you left India after the age of 18 then yes you need PCC from India. You can apply for that at Indian embassy in US. As per the procedure they may take 45 days to issue the PCC. They will send your case to India for enquiry, if report does not reached Indian Embassy in US within 45 days, then Embassy will issue you PCC on their own behalf.

AP

Star Member
Jul 7, 2007
I live in houston and contacted the Indian embassy here for PCC. I got one in almost a month's time.If u have a similar case where u left India after 18 U can get it easily from the consulate.

Regards,

AP

vanquish76

Jan 16, 2008
Hi Guys,

Does this police certificate need be a part of the initial application to send or can it be sent later on or will they ask for it? Another question, the PCC from USA, do we need to obtain it or just send the letter along with the required docs to Canadian Consulate and they do it themselves?

Thanks in advance for your time.

vanquish

AP

Star Member
Jul 7, 2007
Vanquish,

If u r applying under regular application process u need to send all docs initially.If u r applying under simplified application process u need to send the docs later.

Also PCC(Police clearance certificate) is something u need to get from all the countries where u have lived after the age of 18.U need to send these docs based on ur application (regular or simplified) to the CIC.

Regards,

AP

vicky_m

Nov 13, 2007
I am ready to send my wife's and my finger print card along with the PCC application. Do I need to fill two PCC-01 form or just one is fine? Also should I make two draft of $18, one for each of us? I am Indian and have applied from usa to the buffalo center. Please advice. Thanks.

AP

Star Member
Jul 7, 2007
Vicky_m,

I hve replied to your same post on the other forum.Please see that.

Regards,

AP