+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

police certificate in Canada for paper-based PNP

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
For paper-based PNP, do we need to provide a police certificate here in Canada? I sent in my application package without it, but now think it is actually needed. Please share your opinion and many thanks!

sunny_guyed

Jul 5, 2016
For paper-based PNP, do we need to provide a police certificate here in Canada? I sent in my application package without it, but now think it is actually needed. Please share your opinion and many thanks!

You must provide a police certificate in any country that you have been living/lived more than 6 months. We do not know how long you have been living in Canada, but you must provide a police certificate as well. I hope your application will not rejected as an incomplete.

Endless

Jul 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney-ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-03-16
Doc's Request.
16-10-16
Nomination.....
1-3-16
AOR Received.
3-5-16
File Transfer...
16-3-16
Med's Request
1-3-17
Med's Done....
7-3-17
Passport Req..
Waheguru di kirpa nal jaldi hi
LANDED..........
Its better to send package without it. Nowdays processing time is 16 mnths
so it will get expired when they will start ur criminality so wait till they ask u for police clearance certificate

PolaMahal

Jul 8, 2016
Calgary
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17 march 2016
Doc's Request.
05 dec 2016
Nomination.....
07 dec 2016
AOR Received.
09 feb 2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Waiting
The following link says police certificate in Canada is not required? I am confused...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp
It is required. Finger prints from rcmp. Im also pnp paper based pr applicant. I sent in dec along with my federal file. Its valid only for three months. On 20th june got another email from CIO. For rcmp finger prints report im inland applicant. So yeah it is required for sure. Its required from all the countries where u have lived or currently in more than 6 months so.

Reactions: MathToStat

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
You must provide a police certificate in any country that you have been living/lived more than 6 months. We do not know how long you have been living in Canada, but you must provide a police certificate as well. I hope your application will not rejected as an incomplete.
Thank you Sunny_guyed. I have lived in Canada for almost 5 years now. I am also a little worried that my application is incomplete.

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
It is required. Finger prints from rcmp. Im also pnp paper based pr applicant. I sent in dec along with my federal file. Its valid only for three months. On 20th june got another email from CIO. For rcmp finger prints report im inland applicant. So yeah it is required for sure. Its required from all the countries where u have lived or currently in more than 6 months so.
Thank you a lot for your confirmation PolaMahal. It is really assuring to know experience from others:)

Reactions: PolaMahal

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
Its better to send package without it. Nowdays processing time is 16 mnths
so it will get expired when they will start ur criminality so wait till they ask u for police clearance certificate
Thank you Endless. Do you know at which stage do they typically ask for police certificate? I expect to receive my aor in one month and was wondering if I should prepare the police certificate in case in my aor they ask for it.

Endless

Jul 13, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney-ottawa
App. Filed.......
18-03-16
Doc's Request.
16-10-16
Nomination.....
1-3-16
AOR Received.
3-5-16
File Transfer...
16-3-16
Med's Request
1-3-17
Med's Done....
7-3-17
Passport Req..
Waheguru di kirpa nal jaldi hi
LANDED..........
Thank you Endless. Do you know at which stage do they typically ask for police certificate? I expect to receive my aor in one month and was wondering if I should prepare the police certificate in case in my aor they ask for it.
4-5 mnth after Aor

sunny_guyed

Jul 5, 2016
Thank you Sunny_guyed. I have lived in Canada for almost 5 years now. I am also a little worried that my application is incomplete.

Damn than you need a police certificate for sure:). Apply for a certificate asap as it may take lots of time depending on how busy they are

The cic advised that you submit all and complete applications, but this is not the end of the worlld

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
Damn than you need a police certificate for sure:). Apply for a certificate asap as it may take lots of time depending on how busy they are

The cic advised that you submit all and complete applications, but this is not the end of the worlld
So typically for you guys, you send the police certificate with the whole application package, and then when it expires and CIC asks you to get another certificate? It looks to me that the first certificate will sure expire before decision is made...thanks for sharing your experience:)

Frederiquee

Jun 2, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
Nomination.....
13-12-2016
AOR Received.
26-07-2017
Passport Req..
04-09-2018
I do not think a police certificate is needed. I am talking about the Canada one, but not the others, if you leave in any other countries beside Canada, you for sure will need one. Let say you get one in Canada, the validation date is 1 year.

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
I do not think a police certificate is needed. I am talking about the Canada one, but not the others, if you leave in any other countries beside Canada, you for sure will need one. Let say you get one in Canada, the validation date is 1 year.
Hi Fredriquee, thanks for your opinion. Actually jp2017 reminded me that CIC does say Canadian PC is NOT required, see the link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EP7TOC.asp#ep73 (for each country other than Canada)

I think this is a common for all our fellow applicants for the paper-based PNP (inland). Do we really need Canadian PC, or most of us are just providing it in the safe side? It looks to me that based on the above link CIC does not require it.

Any participate to share your opinion is greatly appreciated!

PolaMahal

Jul 8, 2016
Calgary
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17 march 2016
Doc's Request.
05 dec 2016
Nomination.....
07 dec 2016
AOR Received.
09 feb 2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Waiting
They will not ask for police clearance from your local police station. They will for RCMP finger print report. Its for all over canada... it takes only 3 business days..$52 fee... you need find office near by you. They will sens ur finger prints to ottawa right away online. You will get back the results by mail.. with in one week. It doesn't take long time so don't worry you can go for that when cic ask for it.

Reactions: MathToStat