+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate from Mexico? Confusing

Singularity9

May 17, 2013
I am sponsoring my wife's PR and Immigration Canada has asked for her Police certificate from Mexico. She has already provided a certificate from Canada, where she currently lives. The instructions state that she needs to send:

"
  • 3 passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of your front profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, facial hair or sideburns, and ears cannot be covered—no exceptions)
  • 3 passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of your right profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, facial hair or sideburns, and ears cannot be covered—no exceptions)
  • 1 clear, legible copy of your passport bio page (with your picture and full name)
  • the following information about your file:
    • your file number
    • the name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or case processing centre where your file is being processed
    • your full name and date of birth
You don’t need to send any other documents or provide any payments.

Please send all 5 items together in one package to

Embassy of Canada, Immigration Section
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada
C.P. 11520, Mexico D.F.
MEXICO

If you live outside of Mexico, you won’t receive the original police certificate. It will be uploaded directly to our system.

If you try to submit this police certificate on your own, we won’t accept it."

She currently lives outside of Mexico (she is in Canada). So does she only send the 4 different documents (Front profile photos, side profile photos, passportbui page copy, and file info) to the Canadian consulate in Mexico?

Canada already has my wifes fingerprints from the Canadian police certificate so is that already enough for Canada to request the police certificate on her behalf?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html

"
Once you submit your application, we’ll tell you when you need a police certificate. We’ll submit a request for a police certificate on your behalf after you give us 2 sets of original fingerprints that include

• rolled and flat impressions of all 10 fingers taken with black ink
  • your full name, date of birth and sex or gender
  • the name and address of the police agency where the fingerprints were taken
  • the signature of the officer taking the fingerprints and your signature

Make sure the name on the fingerprint forms is the same as the one on the passport bio page or photo ID."

Thanks

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
I am sponsoring my wife's PR and Immigration Canada has asked for her Police certificate from Mexico. She has already provided a certificate from Canada, where she currently lives. The instructions state that she needs to send:

Thanks
Yes its clear. You sending these details to the Canadian embassy in Mexico. This process is way better than the previous one, where IRCC in Canada would directly apply to Mexican authorities, which will take for eternity

Singularity9

May 17, 2013
Yes its clear. You sending these details to the Canadian embassy in Mexico. This process is way better than the previous one, where IRCC in Canada would directly apply to Mexican authorities, which will take for eternity

Ok, so to be 100% clear (haha sorry, I'm so anxious about this). My wife will send in the mail to the Canadian embassy in Mexico the following documents, and this would be sufficient:

"
  • 3 passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of your front profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, facial hair or sideburns, and ears cannot be covered—no exceptions)
  • 3 passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of your right profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, facial hair or sideburns, and ears cannot be covered—no exceptions)
  • 1 clear, legible copy of your passport bio page (with your picture and full name)
    • your file number
    • the name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or case processing centre where your file is being processed
    • your full name and date of birth"
Correct?

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Ok, so to be 100% clear (haha sorry, I'm so anxious about this). My wife will send in the mail to the Canadian embassy in Mexico the following documents, and this would be sufficient:

"
    • your file number
    • your full name and date of birth"
Correct?
Yes that is correct. Check the delivery status and call then to ask for updates

indigo001

Nov 27, 2022
I'm going through a similar situation, I sent all the required documents to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City for the police certificate. Unfortunately, my courier wasn't able to deliver the parcel on the first try, according to them nobody answered the door :confused:

I wasn't able to find any working telephone number, I'm hoping they'll get lucky on their second try. Otherwise, I'll be running out of options pretty quickly.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
I'm going through a similar situation, I sent all the required documents to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City for the police certificate. Unfortunately, my courier wasn't able to deliver the parcel on the first try, according to them nobody answered the door :confused:

I wasn't able to find any working telephone number, I'm hoping they'll get lucky on their second try. Otherwise, I'll be running out of options pretty quickly.
Had a similar issue earlier. The mail was stuck at a post office location in the same street as the Canadian embassy, it was there for 3 months and tracking showed, 'Reached local post office, awaiting delivery'. I finally had a friend's mom in DF visit that location and get it cleared.

indigo001

Nov 27, 2022
Had a similar issue earlier. The mail was stuck at a post office location in the same street as the Canadian embassy, it was there for 3 months and tracking showed, 'Reached local post office, awaiting delivery'. I finally had a friend's mom in DF visit that location and get it cleared.
Glad that you were able to get it cleared. After you got this sorted out, how long did it take since the Embassy got your documents until they uploaded the police report to the system? Did you get any notification or email?

acemacspot

Nov 29, 2022
Hi, I'm in the same situation. After applying for EE, I got the letter from IRCC requesting the police certificate, so I'm sending the photos to the Embassy in Mexico (Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada ). However, I have a couple questions:
    • your file number
    • your full name and date of birth
The letter I got from IRCC has my application number, full name and date of birth, and it also says:
If the issuing authority procedure is to send the police certificate directly to the IRCC office, please refer
them to the following address:

Regular mail:
ATTN: EE Registry
Case Processing Agent
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CIO – Correspondence
PO BOX 8400
Sydney, NS
B1P 0G6
Canada
Courier:
ATTN: EE Registry
Case Processing Agent
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CIO-Correspondence
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Is the above the same as:
  • the name of the visa office, Canadian embassy or consulate or case processing centre where your file is being processed?
If so, should I simply send this letter along with my photos?

Also, I understand I have nothing else to do after sending this package. Is this correct?

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Glad that you were able to get it cleared. After you got this sorted out, how long did it take since the Embassy got your documents until they uploaded the police report to the system? Did you get any notification or email?
No notification email, no responses to webforms, IRCC phone support confirmed that they cant see PCCs on file, even if they did they cannot disclose it to me. I was dead in the water, until my application got approved. But that's my experience, may be you can raise a webform and call IRCC periodically to confirm.

indigo001

Nov 27, 2022
I guess there's nothing else to do other than wait. BTW the courier was able to deliver the parcel on its second try, so the ball is now rolling.

As for processing time, how long did it take them to approve your application? Was it for the FSW, CEC or Provincial Nominee program?

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi @Singularity9,

I'm sponsoring my husband from Mexico. May I know how long did you wait until you got the request for the Police certificate from Mexico?

Thanks.

TV7

Mar 17, 2023
Hi @Singularity9,

I'm sponsoring my husband from Mexico. May I know how long did you wait until you got the request for the Police certificate from Mexico?

Thanks.
Hello @yoli85 , I have the same question. My partner and I are nervous that we didn’t include a police certificate from Mexico, but the website said to wait until requested. Were you able to get an answer?

Thank you

miamartin15

Apr 3, 2023
Hey, I'm wondering if you could tell me where you got the passport size photograph done? We went to our local pharmacies that offers passport photos but refused to do the right side profile.. thanks

stevsom

Sep 25, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-09-2022
Hi @Singularity9,

Thanks.
Did anybody ever find an answer recently for this question?

stevsom

Sep 25, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-09-2022
Did anybody ever find an answer recently for this question?
Actually I would like to rephrase this question, how long did it take for the IRCC to acknowledge that they received the envelope with the fingerprints to the Immigration section in Mexico City?