May 17, 2015
United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
I recently had to go through this and I am posting here for anyone else who will inevitably be in same position.

I am currently abroad (UAE) and got ITA a while ago. All documents completed except Pakistan Police character certificate (PCC). I don't know about other cities but if you have to get from Lahore then keep in mind that their process is very very strict. Here is what I tried

• Went to Pakistan embassy here. They said they do it and there are no charges (it's free). Problem is it will take 3-4 months to to be issued.
  • Went to sites like mamoo in pakistan. They regretted saying that Lahore police is very strict in this and they cannot help me
  • Asked a relative in Pakistan and they went there a few times and finally applied for PCC. Here is the process:

• First requirement: Relative who is applying and receiving on your behalf should be blood relative (brother, sister, parents, children). No one else can apply on your behalf. Even if they have authority letter
  • Second Requirement: Blood relative who is applying on your behalf still needs an authority letter.

Getting Authority Letter:
  • Pakistan Embassy stamps authority letters. For that, you need 3x copies of authority letter, 3x photos, 3x CNIC copies, 3x passport and visa copies
  • I got authority letter stamped within one day including typing. Typing can be done in typing center inside embassy or near it. Typing is on normal paper. You can type yourself if you know format.

Other documents:
  • You need to fill the Police Clearance certificate form. This form link is given on CIC website (PDF file). http://www.pakmission.ca/forms/pcc.pdf
  • You need 3x attested photos with blue background.
  • You need attested copies of passport, visa and CNIC. I think embassy can do it. But attestation of copies can be done inside Pakistan also.
  • Send all these to your relative who will apply

• Once your blood relative has copy of stamped authority letter (didn't need original), and all other documents mentioned above, they can apply on your behalf. They will get a token slip after applying.
  • It takes around 10 days (written on token) after which they can go to receive PCC. (This last step has not happened for me yet, I will update once it happens)

The police office where people need to submit these documents is located near Kacheri in Lahore.

Reactions: ccl_00032

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
pointers said:
Thanks its really helpful. I am going to start the process....

me too in which country you are in at the moment ?

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
baba147 said:
I recently had to go through this and I am posting here for anyone else who will inevitably be in same position.

I am currently abroad (UAE) and got ITA a while ago. All documents completed except Pakistan Police character certificate (PCC). I don't know about other cities but if you have to get from Lahore then keep in mind that their process is very very strict. Here is what I tried

• Went to Pakistan embassy here. They said they do it and there are no charges (it's free). Problem is it will take 3-4 months to to be issued.
  • Went to sites like mamoo in pakistan. They regretted saying that Lahore police is very strict in this and they cannot help me
  • Asked a relative in Pakistan and they went there a few times and finally applied for PCC. Here is the process:

Can you please share the format ?
  • First requirement: Relative who is applying and receiving on your behalf should be blood relative (brother, sister, parents, children). No one else can apply on your behalf. Even if they have authority letter
  • Second Requirement: Blood relative who is applying on your behalf still needs an authority letter.

• Pakistan Embassy stamps authority letters. For that, you need 3x copies of authority letter, 3x photos, 3x CNIC copies, 3x passport and visa copies
  • I got authority letter stamped within one day including typing. Typing can be done in typing center inside embassy or near it. Typing is on normal paper. You can type yourself if you know format.

Other documents:
  • You need to fill the Police Clearance certificate form. This form link is given on CIC website (PDF file). http://www.pakmission.ca/forms/pcc.pdf
  • You need attested copies of passport, visa and CNIC. I think embassy can do it. But attestation of copies can be done inside Pakistan also.

• Once your blood relative has copy of stamped authority letter (didn't need original), and all other documents mentioned above, they can apply on your behalf. They will get a token slip after applying.
  • It takes around 10 days (written on token) after which they can go to receive PCC. (This last step has not happened for me yet, I will update once it happens)

The police office where people need to submit these documents is located near Kacheri in Lahore.

Tayyab29

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017

Other documents:

hey man. What do they write of PCC from lahore. I lived only at one address in lahore (its my permanent address). will they specify any dates on it?

baba147

Star Member
May 17, 2015
United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
hey man. What do they write of PCC from lahore. I lived only at one address in lahore (its my permanent address). will they specify any dates on it?

Yes. They specify your period of stay and your permanent address on PCC. If you lived at only one address then your period of stay will be likely from your date of birth till the PCC issue date.

baba147

Star Member
May 17, 2015
United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
I got my PCC from Lahore today. But there is no stamp by signing person. Is it ok?
There is no stamp on my PCC either except two:

1. "CCPL" stamp on photo (dont know what means).
2. "Issued in absence of applicant" stamp.

Here is what my PCC looks like

My PCC is already accepted by IRCC (criminality passed), so you can relax and submit.

Last edited:

digitalmohsin

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
United States
I was born in Pakistan and stayed there until I moved out to USA for studies, do I need to write period of stay in Pakistan from my date of birth till the day I left or from the day I turned 18 till the day I left the country?