02-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-13-2016
Hi friends,

Well, my Brazilian wife-to-be and I have run into a problem.

She's a Brazilian citizen, and we're marrying next month. She lived and worked in Shanghai for two years (beginning in 2007), and remained there on sabbatical for one more year. We are almost ready to submit our PR application after we married.

But it turns out, we're having a lot of trouble getting her police certificate. To obtain it, she needs to show her work permit with entry and exit stamps. But, from what she recalls, her work permit was a separate document from her passport, and it was returned to her employer when the work period was over. She things that Chinese border security stamped this permit, not her passport. Without these work permit entry and exit stamps, she cannot get her certificate.

Her employer won't provide any help, and the only agency that we know of that helps with this sort of thing has insisted that those stamps are required. So it seems we're stuck.

We're going to keep trying of course, and of course we could easily document our efforts. But I am concerned about what would happen if we really could not get this certificate.

Also, does anyone else know of any ideas about how to get this certificate? We're willing to try anything.

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Submit the app without the PCC and include a letter of explanation and everything you have showing that you tried to get it. CIC will waive the requirement if you show that you have followed the instructions on the CIC website and still couldn't get the PCC.

10doughnuts

Sep 3, 2015
If the company she used to work for is still up and in operations, she may ask them to obtain it for her. This is assuming she left the company properly (finished her contract, did a turn over properly, etc).

I was in the same situation and all I did was ask our previous office to do it for me. You will need to have the document translated after.

If that doesn't work out then you can follow canucks advice and just include a letterdod explanation.

Good luck!