+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate for Indian citizen living in the USA through Indian consulate

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi guys,

Could anyone please let me know the process to get a PCC through Indian consulate in the USA for Indian citizen whose passport was issued in India or if you could point me towards a thread that has the info that would be very helpful.

Thank you so much

Last edited:

vks12

May 9, 2017
USA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-09-2017
AOR Received.
04-09-2017
Med's Done....
15-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
Hi guys,

Could anyone please let me know the process to get a PCC through Indian consulate in the USA for Indian citizen whose passport is issued in India or if you could point me towards a thread that has the info that would be very helpful.

Thank you so much
Apply to Indian Consulate for your State. All forms/ procedure are listed on their website. I applied to Indian consulate in Chicago. Only form i had to fill was "Miscellaneous service form" and send it with Original passport and fee. They issued PCC to me and my spouse in a day. They even called me on my cell to confirm if i needed it for Canada PR. I was so impressed with the service.

Reactions: vj9

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Apply to Indian Consulate for your State. All forms/ procedure are listed on their website. I applied to Indian consulate in Chicago. Only form i had to fill was "Miscellaneous service form" and send it with Original passport and fee. They issued PCC to me and my spouse in a day. They even called me on my cell to confirm if i needed it for Canada PR. I was so impressed with the service.
Hi vks,

Thank you for your reply. I live in Wisconsin. So, I should also be applying at Chicago Indian consulate, since there is no consulate in WI. Did you apply in person or through mail. I am asking this because I would like to do it via mail.

Last edited:

vks12

May 9, 2017
USA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-09-2017
AOR Received.
04-09-2017
Med's Done....
15-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
Hi vks,

Thank you for your reply. I live in Wisconsin. So, I should also be applying at Chicago Indian consulate, since there is no consulate in WI. Did you apply in person or through mail. I am asking this because I would like to do it via mail.
I used mail and provided self addressed return label from fedex.

Reactions: vj9

pk46

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Hello people!!

Do we need to send original Passport to consulate office or notarised copy would do?

I am reluctant about sending my original passport via mail; and will remain tense till I get it back :(

The website says we need to send original passport, but their representative on the phone says otherwise. She told me very confidently that original passport is not to be sent.

Gauravbrills

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Markham, ON
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
06-01-2018
Hi I had a question will PCC from Indian consulate suffice if as I am in US since last 3 years on a visa . Or do we need to get a US FBI pcc also done as the website states that you need pcc from all countries you have lived during the last 10 years .

Please help