+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate - Fingerprints

byloth

Feb 16, 2017
Hi all,

I received a request letter from the IRCC asking for a copy of a Police Certificate from the country I'm originally from. I have done my Canada police clearance in Canada, and obtained my fingerprints during that process.

I was wondering if I can use those set of fingerprints scan as part of the documents to obtain my Police Certificate. I'm afraid that there's an expiry date. On the CIC site, it is listed as: Fingerprints will be taken at the time of application.

My set of fingerprints, along with my background clearance was conducted in March 2017.

If anyone can provide me some insights on this matter, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Buddy,

Your post in not clear.

Did they ask for PCC from your home country? or did they ask you to submit RCMP check with fingerprints?
If you did Canadian PCC (RCMP check) back in march, you can still re-submit that. They are valid for 6 months if i am not wrong!
And, if you did not submit PCC from home country, you better start working on it soon.

Hope it helps. Cheers

Hi all,

I received a request letter from the IRCC asking for a copy of a Police Certificate from the country I'm originally from. I have done my Canada police clearance in Canada, and obtained my fingerprints during that process.

I was wondering if I can use those set of fingerprints scan as part of the documents to obtain my Police Certificate. I'm afraid that there's an expiry date. On the CIC site, it is listed as: Fingerprints will be taken at the time of application.

My set of fingerprints, along with my background clearance was conducted in March 2017.

If anyone can provide me some insights on this matter, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!