+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police certificate expired or not?

jimalik

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Dear All,

I have been living in UAE since 2008 and my wife since 2012..and we were in Pakistan before that.
We made the police certificates from Pakistan and UAE in September 2014 but didn't apply. And after that we have never lived in Pakistan for more than a month.
Now my question is that my ITA is about to come. Should i apply again for PCC from Pakistan or only from UAE???

Thanks

K4n4d4WS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
10-11-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Passport Req..
08-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
jimalik said:
Dear All,

I have been living in UAE since 2008 and my wife since 2012..and we were in Pakistan before that.
We made the police certificates from Pakistan and UAE in September 2014 but didn't apply. And after that we have never lived in Pakistan for more than a month.
Now my question is that my ITA is about to come. Should i apply again for PCC from Pakistan or only from UAE???

Thanks

Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have spent six or more months since the age of 18. For example:

if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send it when you apply, along with the original copy of a translation done by a certified translator.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp