+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police cert question

jengjeng

Mar 7, 2013
Hi All,

I just got my invite to apply for permanent residency and was just wondering about the police cert. Does anyone know the minimum time frame they're accepting for the police cert? I'm from Australia and I have one from around May/June last year (when I applied for a 2year temp working visa) and was wondering if it would still be valid or if I would need to apply for a new one. Thanks in advance!

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
jengjeng said:
Hi All,

I just got my invite to apply for permanent residency and was just wondering about the police cert. Does anyone know the minimum time frame they're accepting for the police cert? I'm from Australia and I have one from around May/June last year (when I applied for a 2year temp working visa) and was wondering if it would still be valid or if I would need to apply for a new one. Thanks in advance!
Police certificate is valid for one year for your current country of residence.

and if you have not visited australia after you were issued with the PCC then its still valid.

for example if your current country of residence is india and you were in australia two years ago and got the PCC from there and never went to australia after that , then your PCC is still valid,

but if you are still in australia then you will have to get a new one.

hope that helps

+1 if it did

jengjeng

Mar 7, 2013
futurecanadiannew123456 said:
Police certificate is valid for one year for your current country of residence.

and if you have not visited australia after you were issued with the PCC then its still valid.

for example if your current country of residence is india and you were in australia two years ago and got the PCC from there and never went to australia after that , then your PCC is still valid,

but if you are still in australia then you will have to get a new one.

hope that helps

+1 if it did
Thank you for your prompt response. I got the PCC whilst I was in Canada, but I went home to Australia after I received it, for 3 weeks. I'm currently on a working/holiday visa, so for me to be able to get it last year, I had to leave and re-enter Canada, hence why i went home. In this case, would it still be valid? Thank you!

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
jengjeng said:
Thank you for your prompt response. I got the PCC whilst I was in Canada, but I went home to Australia after I received it, for 3 weeks. I'm currently on a working/holiday visa, so for me to be able to get it last year, I had to leave and re-enter Canada, hence why i went home. In this case, would it still be valid? Thank you!
Hi,
if you went been back home to Australia after your last PCC was issued than you need a 'fresh' one. It doesn't matter for how long you stayed there.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mate, did you live in either VIC or Qld?

If yes, you also need to get a driving history report. See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp