+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Points for education

cinu9

Oct 13, 2008
hi guys

i did my Bachelors in Commers(Bcom) in india that is 15 years of education and one year of PGDCA diploma

total 15+1 i am working in USA as a IT professional since 4 years

i have around 10 years of work experiance

how maney points i am going to get please let me know

cinu

sur

Oct 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How many points does MBBS doctor gets???

some say 20 while i heard from an online-attorney that it's a doctorate degree & gets 25 points. can someone clear it

thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sur said:

some say 20 while i heard from an online-attorney that it's a doctorate degree & gets 25 points. can someone clear it

thanks
Hire a new attorney, here is what the CIC manuals state:

"Note: Medical Doctor degrees are generally first-level university credentials, in the same way that a
Bachelor of Law or a Bachelor in Pharmacology is a first level, albeit “professional” degree, and
should be awarded 20 points......................"

PMM

sur

Oct 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

sur said:

thanks
Hire a new attorney, here is what the CIC manuals state:

"Note: Medical Doctor degrees are generally first-level university credentials, in the same way that a
Bachelor of Law or a Bachelor in Pharmacology is a first level, albeit “professional” degree, and
should be awarded 20 points......................"

PMM
u r very right. Thank you.

Here's the link:-
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/op/op06e.pdf

sandgen

Oct 28, 2008
Hi All

I have 22 years of education, culminating with a bachelor's degree in Civil Industrial and Agricultural Construction, duration of courses is 5 years (under NOC 2131) and a Bachelor's Degree in Textile Chemistry Technology duration of courses is 5 years (under NOC 2112).
Could you please tell me which the minimum points for my education are?
I am from Romania.
Thanks for the replies in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sandgen said:
Hi All

I have 22 years of education, culminating with a bachelor's degree in Civil Industrial and Agricultural Construction, duration of courses is 5 years (under NOC 2131) and a Bachelor's Degree in Textile Chemistry Technology duration of courses is 5 years (under NOC 2112).
Could you please tell me which the minimum points for my education are?
I am from Romania.
Thanks for the replies in advance!
2 Bachelors 22 points

PMM

ghiaskhan

See where do you stand to receive Level of Education Points

University Degrees

PhD, or Master's, AND at least 17 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 25 points

Two or more university degrees at the Bachelor's level AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studyars 22 points

A two-year university degree at the Bachelor's level AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 20 points

A one-year university degree at the Bachelor's level AND at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 15 points

Trade or Non-university Certificate or Diploma

A three-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 15 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 22 points

A two-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 20 points

A one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 13 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 15 points

A one-year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship AND at least 12 years of full-time or full-time equivalent study 12 points

Secondary School Educational Credential 5 points