+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF on landing

AshyS

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Dear Members

Please could you advise from ur experience, while landing, is it sufficient to have some cash and remaining in international debit card plus corresponding bank statement?

Pls guide

Ashy

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Dear Members

Please could you advise from ur experience, while landing, is it sufficient to have some cash and remaining in international debit card plus corresponding bank statement?

Pls guide

Ashy
Absolutely. That's even what many newcomers do. Cash+Bank statements
You are not required to bring all the money you initially declared in your application in one go.

AshyS

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Absolutely. That's even what many newcomers do. Cash+Bank statements
You are not required to bring all the money you initially declared in your application in one go.
Thank you so much for the quick reply.:)

When u landed..did they ask u about pof?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......

Not landed yet.
But I know many people who have done the same, and none of them were asked about POF. Just basic statutory questions.
But if asked to provide proof, bank statements are enough.

Reactions: tobs

AshyS

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018

Dear Peacekeeper,

Related to this topic, one more query.

As you know the POF requirement has changed now. When I applied the POF for 2 was CAD 15531... and now it is CAD 15772....which among this should I show while landing?

Please guide.

Ashy S

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Dear Peacekeeper,

Related to this topic, one more query.

As you know the POF requirement has changed now. When I applied the POF for 2 was CAD 15531... and now it is CAD 15772....which among this should I show while landing?

Please guide.

Ashy S
Note that the amount you theoretically need to bring with you, is the amount you declared in your EE profile. Not the minimum funds as mentioned on CIC website. So if you declared 15,531CA$, then that's the amount you may have to show. If for example you declared 20,000CA$, then that's the amount you may have to show.

It could be either in cash, or bank statements, and you're not required to bring all of it at once. Also note that if you're bringing more than 10,000CA$, you need to declare it at customs.

Reactions: AshyS

AshyS

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Note that the amount you theoretically need to bring with you, is the amount you declared in your EE profile. Not the minimum funds as mentioned on CIC website.
So, in the unlikely event where you're asked for proof of funds, you needs to show that amount. It could be either in cash, or bank statements, and you're not required to bring all of it at once. Also note that if you're bringing more than 10,000CA$, you need to declare it at customs.
Thanks for your guidance :)

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
Is it ok if I just provide a bank balance rather than a bank statement that shows each and every transactions?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Is it ok if I just provide a bank balance rather than a bank statement that shows each and every transactions?
If your bank letter contains every single item required by IRCC, then sure. Bank statements are not required.
However, they need to make sure somehow that you were paid for your job. So include pay slips. If you don't include them and they decide they need to see more evidence of salary, they may ask for 12 months of bank statements showing salary deposits.
So if there is something in the bank statement you don't want them to see, you'll be back to square one.

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
If your bank letter contains every single item required by IRCC, then sure. Bank statements are not required.
However, they need to make sure somehow that you were paid for your job. So include pay slips. If you don't include them and they decide they need to see more evidence of salary, they may ask for 12 months of bank statements showing salary deposits.
They do such stringent checks despite having a COPR? :O

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
Oh you already have CoPR! Nevermind then, thought you were still applying.
Then yes, bank balance works fine, as I assume you're talking about POF for landing.
Yep. Was asking for a friend who's scared to reveal that she has taken a loan and that would reflect in her transactions. Well, technically, her minimum funds are in her account, but it's an additional loan. I hope that won't be an issue.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Yep. Was asking for a friend who's scared to reveal that she has taken a loan and that would reflect in her transactions. Well, technically, her minimum funds are in her account, but it's an additional loan. I hope that won't be an issue.
The issue with loans is to have taken them in order to meet minimum funds. Having loans on top of having the minimum funds is no issue.

Reactions: swordenium

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
The issue with loans is to have taken them in order to meet minimum funds. Having loans on top of having the minimum funds is no issue.
Thanks for clarifying.