+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF Gift from sibling in Canada - experts plz help

tanit

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
hello guys
Is this form of proof of funds accepted for PR ?

- canadian bank cheque from a sibling who is canadian citizen
- an affidavit declaring that the amount given is a gift not a loan

of corse these would be scanned documents for eAPR

plz help time is running out

tanit

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
hello guys
Is this form of proof of funds accepted for PR ?

- canadian bank cheque from a sibling who is canadian citizen
- an affidavit declaring that the amount given is a gift not a loan

of corse these would be scanned documents for eAPR

plz help time is running out
Fact is that I don't want that money transferred in my country ( I will loose aprox 2K transferring it here then back to canada )
so is there a way that my sibling goes to a lawyer and deposits a cheque/money stating that it's a gift for my immigration purposes

guys plz am stuck , only few days left for my application to be done.

Last edited:

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
was editing when you replied.
as I said I will loose about 2K in transferring the money back and forth
does the lawyer strat work ?
No, unfortunately it doesnt. Money must be in your account. Cheques or lawyer stuff/support promises etc wont be accepted.

Reactions: tanit

shifs

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
was editing when you replied.
as I said I will loose about 2K in transferring the money back and forth
does the lawyer strat work ?
I presume that it is not 2K CAD. If the transfer charges in CAD is around 30-40, then it is negligible compared to the expenses of the entire process, not worth worrying over too much. If you haven't already, then check out TransferWise for very reasonable transfer charges.

tanit

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
I presume that it is not 2K CAD. If the transfer charges in CAD is around 30-40, then it is negligible compared to the expenses of the entire process, not worth worrying over too much. If you haven't already, then check out TransferWise for very reasonable transfer charges.
it's not about transfer charges , it's about currency conversion in my country
as a fact the currency in my country has dropped a 0.21 in 6 months ( economic recession ,currency conversion drop from 1.75 in Jan to 1.96 in July for the duration of my OIPNP nomination )
if I do the maths the difference lost is (12,300 x (1.96-1.75) ) = 2,580 in my currency and that is about 1,350 CAD$ that's a huge loss for me and if I do the same ( 6 months for PR) ,it's gonna be once more about 1.5K loss. not mentioning the transfer rate back to CAD.
Living in a 3rd world country is a true handicap :((((

this is the main reason am tryin to get a CAD $ account or something ....

shifs

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
it's not about transfer charges , it's about currency conversion in my country
as a fact the currency in my country has dropped a 0.21 in 6 months ( economic recession ,currency conversion drop from 1.75 in Jan to 1.96 in July for the duration of my OIPNP nomination )
if I do the maths the difference lost is (12,300 x (1.96-1.75) ) = 2,580 in my currency and that is about 1,350 CAD$ that's a huge loss for me and if I do the same ( 6 months for PR) ,it's gonna be once more about 1.5K loss. not mentioning the transfer rate back to CAD.
Living in a 3rd world country is a true handicap :((((

this is the main reason am tryin to get a CAD $ account or something ....
I see. One option is to use PayPal for transfer. You can transfer the money without currency conversion, and keep it in CAD in your PayPal account of home country, and then transfer back to your or your sibling's PayPal account in Canada when you no longer need it. This way, you can avoid the currency fluctuation risk.
But I'm not sure if you can show PayPal balance as POF.

tanit

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
I see. One option is to use PayPal for transfer. You can transfer the money without currency conversion, and keep it in CAD in your PayPal account of home country, and then transfer back to your or your sibling's PayPal account in Canada when you no longer need it. This way, you can avoid the currency fluctuation risk.
But I'm not sure if you can show PayPal balance as POF.
Mate there's no paypal in my country , we have to go through goverment institutions to convert money to a foreign currency , this looks absurd but it's a FACT
I have a Neteller account though.